BA in Event Management
Four great reasons to consider this course
- There is a wide range of careers to progress to within the Events Sector in music, sports, corporate events and festivals.
- Great opportunity while studying to be introduced to live events and event industry personnel.
- Range of teaching methods applied and field trips throughout the course.
- Gain great exposure to specific Event Management theory, computer systems and practical knowledge.
Do you aspire to work within the Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) sector? If so, this 3-year BA in Events Management degree course is for you! Successful managers are needed within the Events industry, and this programme has been developed to enable graduates keep abreast of current issues, emerging trends and contemporary management practices.
This innovative, vocationally relevant and challenging degree will prepare you for career progression to senior levels. Successful graduates of this course are eligible to progress to Level 8 by completing the 1-Year Add-On Course in BA (Hons) in Event Management.
- Event Industry Operations
- Digital Skills for Tourism
- Academic and Career Skills
- Introduction to Sales & Marketing
- Elective modules include:
- Introduction to the Global Tourism Industry // Language and Culture (French 1) // English 1
- Event Industry Operations 2
- Introduction to the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Customer Service – Internal and External Marketing
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Elective modules include: The Geography of Travel and Tourism // Language and Culture (French 2) // English 2
- Event Food and Beverage Operations
- Placement Preparation for Hospitality
- Financially Based Decision Making
- Event Technology
- Event Risk and Safety Management
- Elective modules include: Business Tourism // Language and Culture (German 1) // English 3
- Event Industry Systems
- Event Public Relations and Marketing
- Placement for Hospitality Section (Degree)
- Event Planning and Execution
- Applied Law for the Tourism Industry
- Management Principles
- Economics and Management Accounting
- Elective modules include: Contemporary Issues in Tourism // Language and Culture (German 2) English 5 // Erasmus English 1 // Studies Abroad
- Event Planning and Execution
- Event Production Management
- Applied Marketing for Hospitality and Events Management
- Revenue Management for the Events Industry
- Elective modules include: International Tourism Management // Irish Society and Culture // English 6 // Erasmus English 2
* All module titles are subject to change and are for indicative purposes only. The provision of electives each year is subject to numbers enrolling on each elective and available resources.
Graduates of this course are highly employable and have a wide range of opportunities to choose from. The events industry allows you to be mobile and there will be opportunities to work abroad. It is anticipated that graduates will be employed at junior management level across a broad range of industry sectors but with an accelerated pathway to management.
Career opportunities include:
- Festival Co-ordination and Management
- Corporate Event Management
- Business Tourism Management
- Hotels Meetings and Events Management
- Incentive travel co-ordination
- Human Resource Management
- Brand Ambassadors
- Event Sales & Marketing
- Theme park event co-ordination.
Graduates of this course can progress to the Level 8 BA (Hons) in Event Management or BA (Hons) in Business and Management.
Leaving Certificate Entry Requirements:
Six Grades at O6 or H7 in Leaving Certificate
→ INCLUDING At least one H5 Grade, OR Minimum Points Score of 200
→ AND Mathematics Grade F2, O6 or H7
→ AND English Grade O6 or H7 OR Irish Grade O6 or H7
Northern Ireland/UK Entry Requirements:
Applicants must meet the matriculation requirement of 5 different subjects which must include:
→ Mathematics at GCSE (Grade A* - C or better)
→ English (or Irish) at GCSE (Grade A* - C or better)
→ One subject at:
- 'A Level’ (Grade A* - E or better)
- OR Applied A-Level (Grade A* - E)
- OR BTEC National Level 3 (National Award, Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Certificate, 90-Credit Diploma, Foundation Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
- OR OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 (Introductory Diploma, Extended Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma, Foundation Diploma, 90-Credit Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
→ The remaining subjects must be different from those listed above and may be drawn from recognised subjects at:
- GCSE (Grade A* - C)
- AND/OR 'AS Level’ (Grades A - E)
- AND/OR ‘A-level’ (Grades A* - E)
- AND/OR Applied ‘A-level’ (Grade A* - E)
- AND/OR BTEC National Level 3 (National Award, Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Certificate, 90-Credit Diploma, Foundation Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma*) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
- AND/OR OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 (Introductory Diploma, Extended Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma, Foundation Diploma, 90-Credit Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma*) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
18-Week Placement in Year 2 of the Programme.
- Students who have a FETAC Level 5 in Hospitality, Tourism or Event Management.
- Students who are creative, enthusiastic and enjoy liaising with others to create superb events.
- Students who pride themselves with being hard working, organised and efficient.
- Students who have excellent communications skills and see themselves working in a dynamic environment.
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
All applications for this course must be made directly to the CAO by using the course ID
Northern Ireland & UK
Applicants from Northern Ireland/UK must also apply through CAO. Find out more information about
applying to DkIT from Northern Ireland or the UK.