BA (Hons) in Sport, Exercise with Enterprise
The BA (Honours) in Sport, Exercise with Enterprise provides a one year add-on course for graduates of the Level 7 BA in Sport, Exercise & Enterprise. The course will deliver graduates who have developed knowledge of sustainability and how sport and enterprise activities need to meet the needs of organisations and its stakeholders today while protecting, sustaining and enhancing the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future.
Important notice about this course
- Because of the nature of the placements on this programme, applicants will be required to successfully pass Police/Garda vetting for all jurisdictions where the applicant was/is resident.
- All candidates will be asked to submit a Personal Statement and may be called for Interview. Students who have successfully completed the first two years of this programme and who wish to leave may be awarded a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Arts.
The course will deliver graduates who have developed knowledge of sustainability and how sport and enterprise activities need to meet the needs of organisations and its stakeholders today while protecting, sustaining and enhancing the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future.
During this Honours Degree course students will study various contemporary issues relating to sports and physical activity, address problems with cultural and environmental sensitivity. Students will also learn through practical experience and will follow a step by step process-based approach whereby they develop new venture ideas into blue prints for business plans.
- Load Monitoring in Exercise and Sport
- Research Project 1
- Nutrition for Exercise and Sport
- Sociological Issues in Sport and Physical Activity
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Management Building
- New Venture Development for Sport
- Strength and Conditioning
- Research Project 2
Graduates of this course have a variety of career options, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Community development
- Sports development
- Sports leadership and management roles
- Fitness instruction
- Health promotion
One-year, add-on BA (Hons) in Youth Work DKA65 at DkIT.
Please find information on fees and funding here: www.dkit.ie/fees
A minimum of a 50% average mark in the final year on the BA (Level 7) in Sport, Exercise & Enterprise or equivalent.
Michael McCorry (Programme Director)
Phone: +353 42 9370818
David Cranny (Lecturer, Department of Humanities)
Phone: +35342 9370851
|Course Type||Add On|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Delivery Method||On Campus|
How To Apply
Apply Directly to DkIT
Apply directly to DkIT using our online applications system. Please remember to upload the required documentation (copies of your existing qualification(s), your CV, any other support documents etc) with your online application to expedite your application. To avoid disappointment early registration is recommended.
International Application (non-EU)
International Applicants (not from or living in the EU) can apply through an agent or directly to DkIT to study this course.