BB in Business and Management
One great reason to consider this course
- 100% of graduates from this course are in employment or further study after 6 months of graduating (DkIT/HEA Graduate Survey)
This 3-year level 7 course introduces students to the fundamentals of business management and prepares them with the skills to work managing a modern complex business.
On this course you will learn how to gather, assess, analyse and present business information. You will study management and marketing strategies at international level, develop skills in logical thinking and problem-solving, and have the option of becoming fluent in a modern language.
Note: Students who have passed Year 1 of this course, with an average mark of 70% across all subjects, may be considered for transfer to Year 2 of a Level 8 Business course at DkIT.
- Accounting for Business (year-long)
- Creativity for Innovation
- Research & Communication Skills
- Business Mathematics
- Electives: Spanish 1 // French 1 // Chinese 1 // English // 1 German 1 // Introduction to the Global Tourism Industry // Intercultural Studies 1 (Irish Society)
- Business Computing Applications
- Accounting for Business (year-long)
- Workplace Communication Skills
- Digital Marketing
- Electives: Spanish 2 // French 2 // Chinese 2 // English 2 // German 2 // Intercultural Studies 2 ( Europe) // The Geography of Travel and Tourism
- Management Studies
- ICT for Business
- Cost Accounting
- Foundations of Law
- Perspectives in Entrepreneurship
- Electives: Business Tourism // Intercultural Studies 3 (America) // Spanish 3 // Chinese 3 // French 3 // English 3 // German 3
- Elements of Business Law
- Intercultural Competence
- Management Information Systems
- ICT for Business
- Electives: Tourism Operations Management // Intercultural Studies 4 (Middle East and Africa) // Spanish 4 // Chinese 4 // French 4 // English 4 //German 4
- Financial management
- The Resilient Graduate
- Human Resources
- Data Analytics for Business
- Or Studies Abroad
- Or Work Placement
- Electives: Intercultural Studies 5 (Asia) // Contemporary Issues in Tourism // Erasmus English 5 // Spanish 5 // Chinese 5 // French 5 // English 5 //German 5
- Operations Management
- Enterprise Development Project
- Electives: Intercultural Studies 6 (Social Change) // International Tourism Management// Erasmus English 6 // Spanish 6 // Chinese 6 // French 6 // English 6 //German 6
* All module titles are subject to change and are for indicative purposes only. The provision of electives each year is subject to numbers enrolling on each elective and available resources.
Graduates of this course will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a career in business or in business administration in the private or public sector with the potential to progress to management level.
With a focus on entrepreneurship and internationalisation on this course, graduates would be fully prepared to start their own business, in Ireland or abroad.
Other areas of potential employment include: small business management, ICT, marketing, finance, human resources management, creating and running your own business. The course will also suitably equip graduates who wish to advance their studies in more specialised areas of business and management.
Note: Students who have passed Year 1 of this course, with an average mark of 70% across all subjects, may be considered for transfer to Year 2 of a Level 8 Business course at DkIT. This is subject to interview and to places being available.
Graduates of the BB in Business & Management who have achieved a G.P.A. of 50 % or above can progress onto a relevant Level 8 Add-On course in the following areas:
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Business Studies (Add-On)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Public Relations (Add-On)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Digital & International Business (Add-On)
Please find information on fees and funding here: www.dkit.ie/fees.
Leaving Certificate Entry Requirements:
Six Grades at O6 or H7 in Leaving Certificate
→ INCLUDING At least one H5 Grade, OR Minimum Points Score of 200
→ AND Mathematics Grade F2, O6 or H7
→ AND English Grade O6 or H7 OR Irish Grade O6 or H7
Language Elective Requirements:
- French: Ordinary level grade O3, or Higher Level, Grade H5 at Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Spanish/Chinese: No prior knowledge required.
Northern Ireland/UK Entry Requirements:
Applicants must meet the matriculation requirement of 5 different subjects which must include:
→ Mathematics at GCSE (Grade A* - C or better)
→ English (or Irish) at GCSE (Grade A* - C or better)
→ One subject at:
- 'A Level’ (Grade A* - E or better)
- OR Applied A-Level (Grade A* - E)
- OR BTEC National Level 3 (National Award, Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Certificate, 90-Credit Diploma, Foundation Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
- OR OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 (Introductory Diploma, Extended Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma, Foundation Diploma, 90-Credit Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
→ The remaining subjects must be different from those listed above and may be drawn from recognised subjects at:
- GCSE (Grade A* - C)
- AND/OR 'AS Level’ (Grades A - E)
- AND/OR ‘A-level’ (Grades A* - E)
- AND/OR Applied ‘A-level’ (Grade A* - E)
- AND/OR BTEC National Level 3 (National Award, Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Certificate, 90-Credit Diploma, Foundation Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma*) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
- AND/OR OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 (Introductory Diploma, Extended Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma, Foundation Diploma, 90-Credit Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma*) (Pass, Merit or Distinction).
Emma McCaffrey (Programme Director)
Phone: +353 (0)429370200
|Starting Date||September 2023|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Delivery Method||On Campus|
How To Apply
Apply on CAO
All standard entry first-year applicants must apply for entry through the CAO. See Important application dates for CAO and information for specific applicant types below:
Advanced Entry Application
Advanced Entry is for applicants who have previous educational achievements and/or work experience and want to be considered for direct entry onto their chosen course.