How do I apply to DkIT for undergraduate entry in first year?
Second-level schools have stocks of application forms and handbooks. Otherwise, contact:
What is the cost to apply?
- Apply online by 5.15pm 20 January: €30
- Apply online or paper by 5.15pm 1 February: €45
What if I'm late applying (after February 1 closing date)?
- You can still apply to CAO via late applications. See Key CAO Dates below:.
- Late applications will not be considered for the BA (Hons) in Applied Music (DK860), as auditions will be held in Spring (this is restricted entry courses).
How much will it cost?
- Late online application by 5.15pm 1 May: €50
- Late paper application by 5.15pm 1 May: €8
Important CAO Dates:
The CAO’s normal closing date is 1st February. This applies to Irish, EU and non-EU students. Whether you are applying through the CAO by post or on-line, DkIT strongly urges you to get your application to CAO well before the deadline to avoid stress and possible disappointment.
Late Applications are those which are received in the CAO after 1st February. The latest date for receipt in the CAO of such application forms is 1st May. Late applicants are required to pay an additional fee.
Change of Mind:
The CAO system allows changes to be made to applications up to 5.15pm 1st July. A Restricted Application Course cannot be added to your CAO application after 1st February. You may however alter your preference ranking for such courses.
Exceptional Closing Date for current Third Level students: 22nd July 5.15pm
Subject to the usual conditions for late applications, if you are currently a student in any year in any higher education institution, you may make a Late Application, in paper form only, to arrive in CAO not later than 5.15pm on 22nd July. The CAO Form must be stamped on Page 2 by the Admissions Office of the institution where you are a student.
Entry Requirement Information
Find out all you need to know about entry requirements for courses at DkIT.