This programme is designed for students who:
- Have attended secondary (high school) education in their home country.
- Need to complete an international foundation year (IFY) to qualify for higher education.
- Need a programme that prepares them for year 1.
- Speak English to a more advanced level than the Certificate in Foundation Studies with Intensive English, perhaps because they went to an English-speaking school, or come from a place where English is widely spoken as a second language.
- Would like to get a flavour of a year 1 programme, e.g., by taking an elective in Business, Tourism, Science, Engineering or Computing.
Duration: 1 academic year (2 semesters)
Start Dates: September – June, or January – August each academic year.
Qualification Received: NFQ Level 6 Certificate (60 Credits)
English Entry Requirement: IELTS 4.5 or Grade C in iGCSE/GCSE English (or equivalent grade in an internationally recognised English exam)
Tuition Fees: €7,545 (including mandatory health insurance and sports facilities fee)
Progression Pathway: Completion of this programme will enable students to progress to Year 1 of their selected Bachelor programme, subject to achieving the following grades in Foundation:
- 40% (entry to Year 1, Level 7 Bachelor programme)
- 60% (entry to Year 1 of Level 8 Bachelor programme)
- 65% (entry to Level 8 Higher Diploma programme)
|Information Technology Skills (5 ECTS)||Engineering Elective|
|Intercultural Competence (5 ECTS)||IT/Computing Elective|
|Introduction to Research & Study Skills (5 ECTS)||Science Elective|
|Orientation (5 ECTS)||Business Elective|
|English Foundation – Higher Level 1 (5 ECTS – 6 hours English)|
|Essential Mathematics (5 ECTS)||Engineering Elective|
|Introduction to Communication Skills (5 ECTS)||IT/Computing Elective|
|Exploring Western Culture (5 ECTS)||Science Elective|
|Entrepreneurial Skills (5 ECTS)||Business Elective|
|English Foundation – Higher Level 2 (5 ECTS)|
*Some level 8 programmes may have additional entry requirements
**Electives offered are subject to change and another elective, not listed here, might also be offered.. All electives are 5 ECTS. September intake students select one elective in Semester 1 and one elective in Semester 2. January intake students select 2 electives in Semester 2.(their first semester)
Download Our International Mini Guide: