Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours)
This one-year, add-on honours business degree aims to facilitate the development of students’ interpersonal and intellectual capabilities. The programme assists learners in their academic, intellectual and personal development to enable them to work as business professionals who develop, lead and sustain Irish industry on a national and international basis.
Specifically, this course aims to
- Foster the intellectual ability of learners in a manner that enables them to make a meaningful contribution in their professional and personal lives.
- Develop graduates with the knowledge that will enable them to question, analyse, synthesise and critically evaluate situation and context in seeking solutions to business problems.
- Instil a work ethic and develop a spirit of creativity, enterprise and innovation whereby graduates can adapt and change to their environment, not simply work rigidly within it
- Facilitate in participants a spirit of learning and inquiry that will assist in examining and assessing the scope and potential of business and management.
- Identify opportunities that can contribute to the economic development of the region and beyond and to develop an innovative and enterprising approach to problem solving.
- Develop in students’ skills and competencies in communication, self-management, teamwork, decision making flexibility, the ability to work across boundaries.
- Establish a foundation for continuing professional development and postgraduate opportunities and life-long learning.
- Small Business Management
- Human Resources Management
- Professional Accountant (on qualification)
- Secondary Teaching (Postgraduate Diploma in Education required, plus teaching council registration - please check teaching application process and the Teaching Council requirements at here).
Course Delivery and Modules
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Applied Economics
- Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- European Law & Business (year-long)
- Strategic Management (year-long)
MBS in Entrepreneurship and MarketingView Course Details
Fees and Funding
Applicants to this course should have successfully completed the bachelor degree (level 7) in Business, or equivalent, with an overall pass and a minimum overall average of 50%.
How To Apply
Apply Directly to DkIT
Apply directly to DkIT using our online applications system. Please remember to upload the required documentation (copies of your existing qualification(s), your CV, any other support documents etc) with your online application to expedite your application. To avoid disappointment early registration is recommended.
International Application (non-EU)
International Applicants (not from or living in the EU) can apply through an agent or directly to DkIT to study this course.
Ask us a Question
If you have a question about the Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours) please ask it below and we will get back to you.
Programme DirectorEmail: email@example.com
Disclaimer: All module titles are subject to change and for indicative purposes only. All courses are delivered subject to demand and timetables are subject to change. Elective Module options will only run subject to student numbers. The relevant Department will determine the viability of each elective module option proceeding depending on the number of students who choose that option. Students will be offered alternative elective modules on their programme should their preferred elective option not be proceeding. Award Options for Common Entry Programmes: The relevant Department will determine the viability of each award option proceeding depending on the number of students who choose either option. If the numbers for one of the Award options exceed available places, students for this option will be selected based on Academic Merit (highest grades).