BA (Hons) in Youth Work — NSETS Endorsed
One great reason to consider this course
- NSETS Endorsed, All modules are designed with close consultation with the Youth Work sector to ensure relevance.
The BA (Honours) in Youth Work provides a one year add on for graduates of the BA in Youth Work. This Honours Degree course will facilitate the education of community youth work practitioners capable of critical analysis of policy/practice structures which shape professional activities. Upon successful completion students will have a BA (Honours) in Youth Work and a professionally endorsed youth work qualification. (NSETS)
The B.A (Hons) in Youth Work provides a one year add-on for graduates of the B.A in Youth Work which prepares students for employment in youth work and in community work. This Honours Degree course will facilitate the education of community youth work practitioners capable of critical analysis of policy/practice structures which shape professional activities.
- Research Project 1
- Youth Work in a Digital Age
- Conflict Transformation
- Law and Policy of Youth Work
- Ethical Practice
- Research Project 2
- Addiction in a Youth Work Context
- Managing Youth Work
- Youth Work as Agent of Change
- Modern Youth Work
During this one year add-on, course content will be delivered through Lectures, tutorials, online learning, group work and field trips.
This exciting course provides a wide range of careers opportunities in areas such as
- Youth Worker
- Garda Youth Diversion Co-Ordinator
- Youth Service Manager
- Programme Co-Ordinator
- Outreach Worker
- Youth Advocacy
- School Completion Co-Ordinator
- A minimum of a 50% mark in the final year of a BA (Level 7) in Community Youth Work.
Students with a Level 7 Community Youth Work Degree who wish to advance to Level 8 Honours Degree Programme with NSETS endorsement.
|Course Type||Add On|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|