DkIT Sport, our flagship multimillion euro indoor facility, provides a variety of fitness, sport and wellbeing opportunities including: a fully equipped gym, 8 indoor 5 aside football pitches, 65m x 35m training area, team strength and conditioning area, 20-metre swimming pool and steam room & Jacuzzi. The facility is a short 10 minutes’ walk from campus and all students received heavily discounted membership. For more information visit www.dkitsport.ie
Faulkner Hall (MPC)
The Faulkner Hall is a multi-purpose centre used for indoor activities. It is used for both class activities and also for many sports clubs and societies within DkIT. The hall holds four badminton courts and a futsal court. As well as catering for all indoor games, the Falkner Hall has a seating capacity for 250 spectators and hosts various competitions and shows throughout the year.
Outdoor Playing Fields
The multi-functional playing fields cater for all the main sports, gaelic football, hurling, soccer, rugby, athletics, archery and american football.
The jogging facility is widely used by both staff and students alike and runs along the permiter of the playing fields and is approcimately 1 mile in distance.
Sli na Slainte Walking Route
The Sli na Slainte Walking Route measures 2km in distance and comprises of a series of motivational signs along the route to inform people of the benefits of physical activity and also to inform them of the distance they have walked at different stages.
Other Local Sporting Facilities
The institute also has access to many local facilities in the area, which are used by students on a regular basis.
- Dundalk Sports Centre (Muirheavna Mor) www.louthcoco.ie/en/services/sports_recreation/sport-facilities/dundalk-sports-centre
- O'Fiaich College Gym
- Hoey's Lane Pitch and Putt
- Dundalk Golf Course www.dundalkgolfclub.ie
- Dundalk Swimming Pool and Leisure Centre (Aura) www.auraleisure.ie/location/dundalk/swimming-pool-timetable
- Dundalk Football Club (indoor and outdoor facilities) www.dundalkfc.com
- Carrick Equestrian & Trekking Club
- Louth GAA Centre of Excellence (Darver) www.darverns.ie/community/darver-centre-of-excellence-gaa
- Dundalk Cricket Club www.dundalkcricketclub.com
If you are outstanding at sport, a scholarship may be the thing for you. The DkIT scholarship programme is one of the most comprehensive in Ireland and provides a variety of fantastic benefits to students.
Find Out More