DkIT Launch ‘Career Journey Insights’ Podcast Series17 April 2023
Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) are extremely excited to launch a new Podcast Series entitled ‘Career Journey Insights’. Developed by DkIT's Careers & Employability Centre (CEC), the podcast series features 6 DkIT Alumni who each share their unique career journeys and discuss building career resilience, strengthening job-seeking strategies and developing professional employability skills that help students to confidently progress to the world of work.
This podcast has been shortlisted in the category “Supporting Student/Graduate Employability Award 2023” at the AHECS Employability Awards 2023.
Listen to the Podcast
This podcast series features 6 DkIT Alumni who were invited to share their career journey to demonstrate to current students that career paths are not always linear and the detours can provide career opportunities. There can be disappointments, obstacles and challenges to overcome throughout a career, but it is how one deals with them and navigates the journey that leads to career success.
- Episode 1: Aisling Cunningham, BSc in Computing Graduate — Software Engineer at EverQuote
- Episode 2: Gavan O'Brien, BB in Marketing & Strategic Management Graduate — Managing Director of GradIreland
- Episode 3: Ellie O'Neill, BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies Graduate — Talent Acquisition at STATSports
- Episode 4: Kate Drumgool, BA in Event Management Graduate — Human Resource Manager at Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road
- Episode 5: Mary Ellen Kelledy, B.Eng(Hons) in Product Design Engineering (Electrical and Electronics) Graduate — Chief of Staff, VP at Overhaul
About the Project
Ireland has become the world’s second-largest consumer of podcasts in the world. The Irish love storytelling and have taken to this medium. Social media is saturated with visual engagement. Podcasting allows for movement – listening while exercising, walking or driving. DkIT Careers & Employability Centre (CEC) decided to get in on this medium as they could see the potential for connecting current students with Alumni.
DkIT wanted to connect it to its recent AHECS award for Embedding Employability through the DkIT Graduate Attribute Framework, which denotes four key capstone graduate attributes of precedence: Practical, Communication Skills, Collaborative Skills, and Confidence. It's evident from the Podcast series that DkIT graduates bring Practical solutions to a complex world, they are Communicators, Collaborators and Confident change-makers.
To register as an employer, DkIT graduate or DkIT current student please visit https://careersconnect.dkit.ie/