DkIT Brings the Future of Engineering during STEPS Engineers Week 202314 February 2023
DkIT is encouraging students in our region to engineer the Ireland of tomorrow by hosting several fun events and activities both on and off campus during STEPS Engineers Week 2023. This super exciting week is taking place from 4th to 10th March.
STEPS Engineers Week promotes engineering and the importance of the profession in Ireland. This annual event is coordinated on a national basis by Engineers Ireland’s STEPS programme - funded by the Department of Education and Skills and industry leaders ARUP, ESB, Intel and TII.
DkIT is delighted to host events during STEPS Engineers Week 2023 and is looking forward to engaging with thousands of students within the region.
- Tuesday 7th of March. Engineers Ireland Roadshow hosts physicist, TV presenter and former professional footballer, Mark Langtry, aka 'Mark the Science Guy', for a highly interactive investigation into the engineering and technology in our favourite sports! From football design, wearable technologies, sports equipment and materials to in-game analysis; discover how engineers create the modern game and improve the performances of athletes to help them gain the competitive edge. Challenges, demonstrations, experiments, skills and mucho thrills, this show will reveal how engineering can improve your performance on and off the pitch.
- This roadshow will be on campus in DkIT with shows at 9:45am, 11:00am and 12:15pm in the Whitaker theatre and will cater for over 600 students in total. Booking is essential through engineersireland.ie/schools/Engineers-Week
- Wednesday 8th of March. Women in Engineering event in DkIT 11-1pm. To coincide with International Women’s Day, we are thrilled to invite 80-100 female secondary school students, from TY, 5th or 6th year who have selected engineering compatible subjects. This event will include presentations from female professional engineers, academics, and recent graduates. An exhibition of engineering projects will also be on display and will allow the opportunity for students to speak with the engineers who worked on them. The event will also host discussion groups with female engineers from different fields of engineering. This event is supported by Engineers Ireland Northeast.
- Booking for this event is essential; https://forms.office.com/e/W2K3SK6yPH
- Thursday 9th of March Women in Engineering event in Monaghan Town. The International Women’s Day event held on campus in DkIT hits the road and is delighted to travel to Beech Hill College, Monaghan, 10.30am -12.30am.
- Booking for this event is essential; https://forms.office.com/e/Vt2VxLdTVC
- Thursday 9th March School visits from engineering lecturers to explain what engineers do and how students can get involved in building a better future with DKIT. St Olivers NS, St Mary’s Secondary School and Ballymakenny College Drogheda
- Friday 10th of March On campus in DkIT, 10am -11.30am. Engineers Ireland Northeast Primary Schools Table quiz. 50-60 6th class students competing in teams in our STEM themed table quiz.
- Booking for this event is essential; https://forms.office.com/e/mnfF1U9P09
- Friday 10th March Fun stem activities for St Bridgets and St Patrick NS in Drogheda.
School visits are fully booked but you can book for the other events through the link or for more details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more details on engineers week check out www.engineersireland.ie/schools/Engineers-Week