Certificate in Leadership, Management and Quality Initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services
Three great reasons to consider this course
- DkIT developed this course in conjunction with clinical partners St John of God Services, the HSE and Talbot Group
- Blended course delivery (online & in-class) to allow greater flexibility to learners as they manage full-time employment and part-time study.
- This programme is approved by the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland).
This part-time course aims support nurses to increase their existing knowledge, skills and attitudes in leadership, management and quality initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services. This will contribute to graduates’ competence in enhancing service delivery for people with an intellectual disability.
Important notice about this course
Places for this course are offered on a first-come, first-served basis so we recommend getting your application in as early as possible. Applications are normally reviewed within a week of submission.
The final closing date for applications is Monday 14th January 2020 or until places are full.
The aim of this course is to facilitate nurses to increase their existing knowledge, skills and attitudes in leadership, management and quality initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services. It is envisaged that this will contribute to graduates’ competence in enhancing service delivery for people with an intellectual disability.
DkIT developed this course in conjunction with clinical partners St John of God Services, the HSE and Talbot Group
Students are required to attend for face to face classes from 9 am to 4 pm on the following days, the remainder of the programme is delivered on-line
- Wednesday 29th January 2020
- Wednesday 5th February 2020
- Wednesday 19th February 2020
- Wednesday 26th February 2020
- Wednesday 11th March 2020
- Wednesday 18th March 2020
- Wednesday 1st April 2020
- Wednesday 22nd April 2020
This programme is in high demand. Places will be limited to the first 20 eligible candidates who are offered a place on the programme.
- Be a registered Nurse with NMBI or equivalent
- Have a minimum of one year post registration experience
- Be currently employed in Intellectual Disability services.
This programme is in high demand, places are limited to the first 20 eligible candidates who are offered a place on the programme.
This course is for Registered Nurses working in Intellectual disability Services.
It may be of interest to staff who would like to further their education whilst enhancing their leadership and management skills. The course is delivered over one semester.
|Duration||14 weeks (1 Semester)|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 29th January 2020|
How to Apply
All programmes are delivered subject to demand.
Interested applicants MUST first discuss the matter with their Clinical Manager and the Practice Development Co-ordinator within their area of employment.
Students should then apply online using the APPLY NOW button below.
Please ensure to upload an up-to-date CV and a scan of your NMBI registration with your application.