Certificate in Leadership, Management and Quality Initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services
Three great reasons to consider this course
- DkIT developed this course in conjunction with clinical partners St John of God Services, the HSE and Talbot Group
- Blended course delivery (online & in-class) to allow greater flexibility to learners as they manage full-time employment and part-time study.
- This programme is approved by the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland).
This part-time course aims support nurses to increase their existing knowledge, skills and attitudes in leadership, management and quality initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services. This will contribute to graduates’ competence in enhancing service delivery for people with an intellectual disability.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN 2022 INTAKE
Closing date for applications is the 7th September, or until all places are taken.
The aim of this course is to facilitate nurses to increase their existing knowledge, skills and attitudes in leadership, management and quality initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services. It is envisaged that this will contribute to graduates’ competence in enhancing service delivery for people with an intellectual disability.
DkIT developed this course in conjunction with clinical partners St John of God Services, the HSE and Talbot Group
The programme will be delivered via live online lectures, on Thursdays from 9 am to 4.30 pm on the following days:
Students will also be required to undertake directed and independent study.
(please note this is subject to change)
- Be a registered Nurse with NMBI or equivalent
- Have a minimum of one year post registration experience
- Be currently employed in the Intellectual Disability services.
- Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course.
- Basic IT skills essential.
- Candidates may be interviewed.
This programme is in high demand, places are limited to the first 20 eligible candidates who are offered a place on the programme.
This course is for Registered Nurses working in the Intellectual disability Services.
It may be of interest to staff who would like to further their education whilst enhancing their leadership and management skills. The course is delivered over one semester.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional|
|Duration||12 weeks (1 Semester)|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 21st September 2022|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Places for this course are offered on a first-come, first-served basis so we recommend getting your application in as early as possible. Applicants should also include a copy of their CV and NMBI registration with their application.
All programmes are delivered subject to demand. If you have any questions about this course, please use the 'Enquire about this course' button at the bottom of this page.