Certificate in Leadership, Management and Quality Initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services
Three great reasons to consider this course
- DkIT developed this course in conjunction with clinical partners St John of God Services, the HSE and Talbot Group
- Blended course delivery (online & in-class) to allow greater flexibility to learners as they manage full-time employment and part-time study.
- This programme is approved by the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland).
This part-time course aims support nurses to increase their existing knowledge, skills and attitudes in leadership, management and quality initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services. This will contribute to graduates’ competence in enhancing service delivery for people with an intellectual disability.
Important notice about this course
COURSE NOW FULL FOR SPRING 2021.
WE WILL BE OPEN FOR AUTUMN 2021 APPLICATIONS FROM MID-MARCH.
The aim of this course is to facilitate nurses to increase their existing knowledge, skills and attitudes in leadership, management and quality initiatives in Intellectual Disability Services. It is envisaged that this will contribute to graduates’ competence in enhancing service delivery for people with an intellectual disability.
DkIT developed this course in conjunction with clinical partners St John of God Services, the HSE and Talbot Group
The programme is delivered over one semester. At the moment the programme will be delivered using live on-line lectures which will take place on Wednesdays from 09.00hrs to 16.30s for a total of 8 days (approx.) over the semester. Students on the programme will also be expected to undertake some independent learning. We will continue to review the ongoing public health guidelines in relation to COVID-19 and subject to that may be able to provide some face to face delivery of lectures during the Semester.
Live online classes will take place from 09:00hrs to 16:30hrs on the following:
Please note this is subject to change
- Be a registered Nurse with NMBI or equivalent
- Have a minimum of one year post registration experience
- Be currently employed in Intellectual Disability services.
- Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course.
- Basic IT skills essential.
- Candidates may be interviewed.
This programme is in high demand, places are limited to the first 20 eligible candidates who are offered a place on the programme.
This course is for Registered Nurses working in Intellectual disability Services.
It may be of interest to staff who would like to further their education whilst enhancing their leadership and management skills. The course is delivered over one semester.
|Duration||14 weeks (1 Semester)|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday, 3rd February 2021|
How to Apply
Places for this course are offered on a first-come, first-served basis so we recommend getting your application in as early as possible.
The final closing date for applications is Friday 20th January 2021 OR until places are full. Applicants should also include a copy of their CV and NMBI registration with their application.
All programmes are delivered subject to demand.
If you have any questions about this course, please use the 'Enquire about this course' button at the bottom of this page.