Certificate in Comprehensive Advanced Health Assessment
Two great reasons to consider this course
- This course supports the development of nursing and midwifery graduates towards roles as Advanced Nurse and Midwife Practitioners (as per the Department of Health’s 2019 policy)
- This module is also one of the mandatory modules on the Certificate in Nursing/Midwifery Medicinal Product Prescribing
This programme will allow nurses and midwives to develop the knowledge and skills to complete a comprehensive advanced health assessment in practice.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN 2022 INTAKE
Applicants must submit copies of their CV, academic transcripts and professional registration with their application.
Closing date for applications is 7th September 2022, or until all places are full.
The days that the programme will be delivered is available under course delivery below.
This course has been developed to allow nurses and midwives to develop the skills and knowledge to complete a comprehensive advanced health assessment in practice.
Assessment is a fundamental role of nursing/midwifery practice and involves a comprehensive, systematic collection of information about the service user.
The content within this programme supports the Department of Health’s (2019) policy on the development of nursing and midwifery graduates towards roles as Advanced Nurse and Midwife Practitioners. The module in this course is also one of the mandatory modules on the Certificate in Nursing/Midwifery Medicinal Product Prescribing.
Students of the Certificate in Comprehensive Advanced Health Assessment will cover the following areas:
- Comprehensive Advanced Health Assessment: Integrate and synthesize knowledge of altered homeostasis
- Develop skills in order to make accurate clinical judgements
- Anatomical and physiological organ systems
- Strategies for enhancing interdisciplinary collaboration
For a full description of all course modules, please visit: http://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/57028
The days that the programme will be delivered are as follows:
- 20th September — Face to Face in DkIT, 9am to 5pm
- 27th September — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- 4th October — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- 11th October — Live online, 9am to 12pm
- 18th October — Face to Face in DkIT, 9am to 5pm
- 25th October — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- 8th November — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- 15th November — Face to Face in DkIT, 9am to 5pm
- 22nd November — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- 29th November — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- 6th December — Live Online, 9am to 12pm
- Either 13th OR the 14th December Face to face in DkIT for practical assessments.
Students on the programme will also be expected to undertake some independent learning.
Please note this timetable is subject to change
Participants must be:
- Registered Nurse with NMBI
- Currently employed in health care provision
- Applicants will normally hold a level 8 qualification.
- Applicants who do not have a level 8 qualification may apply for entry to the programme in accordance with the procedures outlined in the DkIT Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy.
- Graduates of the DkIT ‘Certificate in the Recognition and Management of the Deteriorating Adult’ (or equivalent) programme may apply for exemptions to undertake this programme
- Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course
- Basic IT skills essential
- Applicants may be interviewed
This Certificate in Comprehensive advanced Health Assessment will be of particular interest to registered Nurses or Midwives.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional, Postgraduate|
|Starting Date||Tuesday 20th September 2022|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Places for this course are offered on a first-come, first-served basis so we recommend getting your application in as early as possible.
Applicants should also include a copy of their CV and NMBI registration with their application.
All programmes are delivered subject to demand.
If you have any questions about this course, please use the 'Enquire about this course' button at the bottom of this page.