Certificate in Supply Chain Management
This 1-year Level 7 Springboard+ programme seeks to offer individuals the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies and impart a holistic understanding of the dynamics of supply chains and to enhance their ability to continually improve supply chain performance.
Important notice about this course
COURSE CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th September OR until all places are taken whichever comes first.
Fees reduced from €1500 to €255 - spaces limited.
The Certificate in Supply Chain Management (SCM) is a development from the DkIT School of Engineering. The programme seeks to offer individuals the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies and impart a holistic understanding of the dynamics of supply chains and to enhance their ability to continually improve supply chain performance.
SCM is the pro-active management of supply chain activities, the flow of goods and information through the value chain from order, materials acquisition to final consumption, to maximise customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Failing to develop skills in SCM can be detrimental for companies as they struggle to keep pace with changes in their industry sector across the various processes and technologies that support effective utilisation of key resources, cost effectiveness and that customer value.
This programme will incorporate major aspects of Supply Chain Management techniques such as Supply Chain Operations, Forecasting, Planning, Procurement, Inventory and Warehouse Management, Data gathering and analysis, Supply Chain Technologies and Sustainable Practices. The programme will also include an industry led project where students will be required to utilise the knowledge, skills and competencies gained to apply and improve Supply Chain Operations within a business environment.
- Supply Chain Operations (Identification of Supply Chain Structures and Management)
- Sustainable Technology (Modern Technologies and Supply Chain)
- Procurement and Vendor Management (Strategic Procurement Practices and Vendor Communications)
- Data Analytics (Tools and Models for Data Collection and Analysis)
- Supply Chain Work Based Learning Project
This course is delivered using a blended learning approach with weekly interactive and hands-on classroom-based sessions supported by independent and online learning.
Classes will run Tuesdays and Thursdays (6.00-8.30pm).
Class will also run on Fridays for the first 4 weeks of the course.
Total course fee: €255 payable as follows.
Accept Offer Fee: €100 (non-refundable)
Final payment = €155 payable by the end of October
- A) If under 23 year of age - The standard minimum entry requirement for admission to a Level 7 programme is: Six grades at O6 or H7 in Leaving Certificate including at least one H5 Grade or minimum points score of 200 and mathematics Grade F2, O6 or H7 and English Grade O6 or H7 or Irish Grade O6 or H7.
- (B) Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age) with suitable work experience may apply for this course, where your work history and current employment will be taken into account for your application. Interviews may apply to all mature students without a qualification. Information on how to apply via RPL
Skills that are considered necessary for successful participation in the programme include:
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Ability for self-directed learning
The programme seeks to offer individuals the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies and impart a holistic understanding of the dynamics of supply chains and to enhance their ability to continually improve supply chain performance.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional|
|Starting Date||Tuesday 26th September|
|School||School of Engineering|
|Department||Electronic and Mechanical Engineering|