Certificate in Marketing
Four great reasons to consider this course
- Graduates of this programme will be able to develop marketing strategies and price products and apply marketing techniques in practice.
- Graduates will gain insights on how to conduct market research.
- Graduates will gain insights into different types of markets and how to connect with customers.
- Graduates of this Certificate in Marketing may be eligible for exemptions on other similar programmes within DkIT and with other providers.
The aim of this part-time Certificate in Marketing course is to provide students with a comparative understanding of the principles of marketing theory and practice to apply these concepts to practice business situations.
This one-semester Certificate in Marketing course is designed to enable students to develop marketing strategies and price products and apply marketing techniques in practice. Graduates of this course will learn how to conduct market research and gain insights into different types of markets and how to connect with customers.
- Core Concepts of Marketing: Connecting with your customers and customer satisfaction - connecting through technology, connecting through relationships, connecting with diversity, connecting globally.
- Marketing Strategies: The big picture, how does it all fit together? Scanning the marketplace for opportunities. Developing competitive advantage. The marketing plan for health and physical activity projects.
- Market Information and Market Research: Market research defined. Why and how a venture should engage in the effort and the process of market research. Research methodology. Developing a questionnaire. Presenting the findings of research.
- Markets, Segmentation and Positioning: What is a market? Types of markets. Requirements for a market. What is segmentation and why do ventures need to do it? Methods and means of segmentation. The positioning of products in the marketplace. Advantages of segmentation.
- Product, Pricing, Promotion and Distribution Strategies: Definitions. Classification of products - product life cycle, characteristics of a product, branding, packaging. The nature of price -price and non-price competition, pricing decisions and the factors which influence same. The role of promotion - the communication process, the promotion mix and its role in the development of the marketing/business plan. Marketing channels - functions of intermediaries, deciding on the best way to get your product to the marketplace.
The mode of delivery is part-time with some blended via DkIT Moodle. Assessment of this Certificate will comprise 100% Continuous Assessment.
Graduates of this Certificate in Marketing may be eligible for exemptions on other similar programmes within DkIT and with other providers.
Learners who successfully complete this Certificate will be offered the relevant module exemption from the DkIT BBS part-time degree.
Learners completing this may also apply to the full-time BB in Business & Management programme and, provided they meet entry criteria for that programme, will be offered exemptions for the relevant module that they have successfully completed.
€50 Application fee (refundable only if you are not made an offer)
€100 Accept Offer fee (non refundable)
Balance of €550 payable by 28th February 2021
Total fee = €750
All applicants will normally hold a relevant level 5 qualification (or equivalent) or higher.
This course is best-suited to:
- Students who wish to gain insights into the fundamental principles of marketing theory and practice enabling them to apply marketing techniques in practice.
- Students who have an interest in learning about the different types of markets and how to connect with customers, how to connect with customers, how to conduct market research, develop marketing strategies and price products.
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 20th January 2021 @ 6.30pm (subject to change)|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for DkIT course below: