Certificate in Management
Three great reasons to consider this course
- Students will study the general principles of management and organisational behaviour against the backdrop of economic and social sustainability.
- Gain the skills to manage and lead people and organisations efficiently and effectively.
- Learn about the key factors influencing behaviour of people at work - personality, perception, attitudes, learning, motivation, group work, and emotion/stress in the workplace
The aim of this Certificate in Management is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the general principles of management and organisational behaviour against the backdrop of economic and social sustainability.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN INTAKE
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Develop informed solutions on how to manage and lead people and organisations efficiently and effectively.
- Appreciate the key factors influencing the behaviour of people at work - personality, perception, attitudes, learning, motivation, group work, and emotion/stress in the workplace.
- Describe both the history and the current context of managing and leading both the employment relationship and organisations.
- Define management and identify its key functions and practices, and their relationship to work and people in an organisational setting as well as to organisational competitive advantage.
- Discuss the main challenges management and leaders face today - corporate responsibility, diversity, managing in a global arena, creativity and innovation, managing organisational culture, change, and sustainability.
This course covers a wide range of Management topics including:
- Introduction to Management
- Business Environment
- Planning & Organising
- Controlling & Influencing
- Organisational Culture
- Business Ethics
- Managing & Leading Change
- People at Work
- Managing Conflict at Work
The mode of delivery is part-time with some blended via DkIT Moodle. Assessment of this Certificate will comprise course work and an examination. Exams take place in January and May.
This course runs over 4 Saturdays as follows:
- Saturday 2nd October 9am - 3pm
- Saturday 23rd October 9am - 3pm
- Saturday 13th November 9am - 3pm
- Saturday 11th December 9am - 3pm
Dates subject to change.
Graduates of this Certificate in Management may be eligible for exemptions on other similar programmes within DkIT and with other providers.
Learners who successfully complete this Certificate will be offered the relevant module exemption from the DkIT BBS part time degree.
Learners completing this may also apply to the full-time BB in Business & Management programme and, provided they meet entry criteria for that programme, will be offered exemptions for the relevant module that they have successfully completed.
€50 Application fee (refundable only if you are not made an offer)
€100 Accept Offer fee (non refundable)
Balance of €350 payable by 31st October
Total fee = €500
All applicants will normally hold a relevant level 5 qualification (or equivalent) or higher.
This course is best-suited to students who wish to develop informed solutions on how to manage and lead people and organisations efficiently and effectively and appreciate the key factors influencing the behaviour of people at work.
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Saturday 2nd October at 9am|
How to Apply
Please ensure to upload any required documentation when you apply.