Request Parchments & Transcripts
This page outlines all of the information you need to collect your parchment, request a replacement parchment, request your transcripts or request a European Diploma Supplement.
If you graduated between 2005 and 2016 you can collect your parchments in any of these 3 ways:
- Collect in person - Contact the awards office by email at email@example.com to arrange collection of your parchment. Parchments can be collected by graduates between 2.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m. daily. Please bring photo identification.
- Collect by nominated person - Contact the awards office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a nominated person to collect your parchment. They should present photo identification and a signed letter from you (the graduate) authorising them to collect your parchment on your behalf.
- By Post - You can make a request in writing to the Awards Office by emailing email@example.com that your parchment is to be sent to your mailing address (address in the Banner student management system) by registered post. Please ensure you enclose a cheque or postal order for €10.00 for P&P with your request.
Fees and Charges:
Parchments requested (using the collection options outlined above) will incur a retrieval fee of €50.00 (plus postage). Please allow up to 14 working days (following receipt of payment) for your parchment to be retrieved from the archives. Please contact the awards office for payment details.
Archived Parchment are not available to be collected during October as the Awards Office is occupied with the Conferring Ceremony.
If you graduated prior to 2005 then you will need to contact QQI directly to receive your uncollected/duplicate parchment.
The Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC), formerly known as the National Council for Educational Awards (NCEA), was the awarding body and printed award parchments during the following years:
- National Certificates (Level 6) up to and including the year 2004
- National Diplomas (Level 7) up to and including the year 2004
- Honours Bachelor Degrees (Level 8) up to and including the year 2004
- Note: Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is a state agency established by the Quality Assurance and Qualifications (Education and Training) Act 2012.
QQI’s functions include those previously carried out by the Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC); the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC); the Irish Universities Quality Board (IUQB) and the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland (NQAI). Therefore, requests for duplicate NCEA or HETAC parchments for the years listed above should be made directly to QQI by visiting this link.
What if I Lost my parchment?
Parchments are legal documents and issued only once. Should a parchment become lost or destroyed, the graduate must make a statutory declaration, using the form provided by the Registrar’s Office for this purpose (COF002). (This form is only relevant to students who obtained an award from DkIT since 2005.
The declaration must be signed by a Commissioner for Oaths or a Practising Solicitor or a Notary Public or a Peace Commissioner and a fee of €100 must be paid to the Institute (in addition to 10 euros for registered post). The replacement parchment will be a copy only and this will be indicated on the document.
How to get a replacement?
To obtain a copy replacement parchment, please email the awards office at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, student number, address, date of birth, your programme of study and year conferred.
Fees and Charges:
The fee for a replacement parchment is €100 which must be paid to the Institute - in addition a fee of €10 must be payed for registered post
If you require a copy of your transcripts of results for each year of your programme of study, these may be obtained by contacting your Academic School. There is a fee for copies of transcripts. Contact your school directly as follows:
School of Health and Science: email@example.com
School of Informatics and Creative Arts: i.staff.admin@Dkit.ie
School of Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Business and Humanities: b.staff.admin@Dkit.ie
What is the European Diploma Supplement?
The European Diploma Supplement (EDS) is issued to all graduates of Higher Education Institutions in Europe in addition to their degree or certificate parchment. It provides information regarding the award which is not available on the official parchment such as modules studied and the results obtained. It may be used in addition to your curriculum vitae and increasingly employers may demand to see it. It is an important document which measures in detail your achievement. The European Diploma Supplement was developed jointly by UNESCO and the Council of Europe in order to provide information which can be easily understood by employers and academic institutions internationally.
How to Access Your EDS (European Diploma Supplement)
To access your EDS online using the Digitary portal, please do the following:
- Go to the DkIT EDS (European Diploma Supplement) website.
- Click on the Organisation button.
- Select your Institution and select continue.
- If you are a current student enter your DkIT user ID and Password.
- If you are no longer a DkIT student enter your Student ID and Pin, (Self Service Login). If you can’t remember your Pin please follow the instructions here
- You will be then prompted to register a personal email account with Digitary and you will receive an email to this personal email address in order to validate your newly registered account.
- Once you have registered you can access and share your documents.
If you are having problems accessing the portal please see the user guide below or contact us at email@example.com.