Student Health Unit services are free of charge to all full-time students/apprentices.
- Appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse can be made by telephoning or e-mailing the Health Unit during opening hours.
- It is not possible to call to the Health Unit without first making contact by phone or email.
- All students must be initially triaged by the Nurse prior to seeing the Doctor.
- In the event of a medical emergency please notify a member of staff who will alert the Health Unit.
- When making contact with the Health Unit the following information
will be required:
- Student Id Number
- Local Address and Eircode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- PPS Number
- This information will enable the efficient processing of your visit
Students who have flu-like symptoms are encouraged to ring their own GP or in the case of an emergency phone 999. Information on the Corona-Covid 19 Virus is available on HSE website.
Making an Appointment
Appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse can be made by telephoning or e-mailing the Health Unit during opening hours using the contact details below:
What are the main services offered by the Health Unit?
Please note, The Health Unit is not a replacement for a students own General Practitioner ( G.P.). The services provided are as follows:
- Day to day/On the day illness:
- Minor Illness: e.g. cough and colds, chest infection, gastro-enteritis, urinary tract infection…
- Recent/New Injuries: minor injuries, burns, dressings ect…
- Sexual Health: e.g. advice in relation to contraception, and S.T.I. prevention.
- Mental wellbeing: students can attend the Institute doctor for advice re. recent exam stress, referral to counsellor etc…
The Student Counselling Service is a professional, confidential counselling service provided to all registered students at DkIT.