DkIT recognises that for a variety of reasons a student may need to withdraw from their programme.
If students are having second thoughts about their chosen career path it is very important to reflect on their motivations and the reasons for their initial choices.
How to Withdraw from your Programme
- If you have not already done so, we encourage students to contact their Programme Director / Lecturer, Careers & Employability Centre to discuss their options. See how we can support you before you decide to withdraw.
- Ensure you are aware of the financial implications of withdrawing, as outlined below.
- If you are in receipt of a grant, students are responsible for informing their awarding body of their withdrawal, e.g. SUSI, Student Finance Northern Ireland etc.
- Complete the online DkIT Withdrawal Application Form
- It is important that you complete and submit this form as soon as possible as you may remain liable for fees.
- The Official date of withdrawal is the date this form is submitted online — A retrospective date will not be accepted except where medical evidence is submitted.
- Once you have submitted a completed Withdrawal Form online it will then be processed by the Admissions Office.
- You must return your student identification card to the Admissions Office before a refund of fees can be considered.
View Withdrawal Application Form
The Fee liability for a student who formally withdraws from their course depends on the date on which they submit their Withdrawal Application Form. The final deadline for withdrawal from a full-time undergraduate programme is 1st March.
- Students who withdraw before 31st October - no fees due. However, the date of withdrawal may impact the level of a SUSI grant in the future.
- Students who withdraw between 1st November and 31st January are liable for 50% Student Contribution and Facilities Fee and 50% Tuition Fee if applicable.
- Students who withdraw after 31st January are liable for 100% Student Contribution and Facilities Fee and 100% Tuition Fee if applicable.
Fees Implications for students who withdraw and recommence in any subsequent year
The following fee implications may apply for students who withdraw from the Institute and recommence in any subsequent year:
- Students who withdraw before 31st October in the previous year – Fees as per previous year, but the rate of SUSI grant may be affected.
- Students who withdraw between 1st November and 31st January in previous year are liable for 100% of Student Contribution and Facilities Fee and may be liable for 50% of the Tuition Fee.
- Students who withdraw after 31st January in previous year are liable for 100% of Student Contribution and Facilities Fee and may be liable for 100% of the Tuition Fee.