Student Health Unit services are free of charge to all full-time students/apprentices.
- Appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse can be made by telephoning or e-mailing the Health Unit during opening hours Monday to Friday 9.00 – 4.30.
- It is not possible to call to the Health Unit without first making contact by phone or email.
- All students must be initially triaged by the Nurse prior to seeing the Doctor.
- In the event of a medical emergency ring 999 if necessary and please notify a member of staff who will alert the Health Unit.
- We ask that students wear a mask when attending the Health Unit.
- When making contact with the Health Unit the following information will be requested:
- Student Id Number
- Local Address and Eircode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
Making an Appointment
Appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse can be made by telephoning or e-mailing the Health Unit during opening hours using the contact details below:
What are the main services offered by the Health Unit?
Please note, The Health Unit is not a replacement for a student’s own General Practitioner ( G.P.). The services provided are as follows:
- Day to day/On the day illness:
- Minor Illness: e.g. cough and colds, chest infection, gastro-enteritis, urinary tract infection…
- Recent/New Injuries: minor injuries, burns, dressings ect…
- Sexual Health and Contraception services
- Mental wellbeing
- Medical Emergencies – always given priority
The Student Counselling Service is a professional, confidential counselling service provided to all registered students at DkIT.
Speak Out for Students and Staff
Speak Out is an online anonymous reporting tool available to students and staff to disclose incidents of bullying, cyberbullying, harassment, discrimination, hate crime, coercive behaviour/control, stalking, assault, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape.