Student Health Unit services are free of charge to all full-time students/apprentices.
- Appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse can be made by telephoning or e-mailing the Health Unit during opening hours Monday to Friday 9.00 – 4.30.
- It is not possible to call to the Health Unit without first making contact by phone or email.
- All students must be initially triaged by the Nurse prior to seeing the Doctor.
- In the event of a medical emergency ring 999 if necessary and please notify a member of staff who will alert the Health Unit.
- We ask that students wear a mask when attending the Health Unit.
- When making contact with the Health Unit the following information will be requested:
- Student Id Number
- Local Address and Eircode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
Making an Appointment
Appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse can be made by telephoning or e-mailing the Health Unit during opening hours using the contact details below:
What are the main services offered by the Health Unit?
Please note, The Health Unit is not a replacement for a student’s own General Practitioner ( G.P.). The services provided are as follows:
- Day to day/On the day illness:
- Minor Illness: e.g. cough and colds, chest infection, gastro-enteritis, urinary tract infection…
- Recent/New Injuries: minor injuries, burns, dressings ect…
- Sexual Health and Contraception services
- Mental wellbeing
- Medical Emergencies – always given priority
The Student Counselling Service is a professional, confidential counselling service provided to all registered students at DkIT.