In this section you will find out all the information you need to know about fees, fee policies and concessions for part-time study at DkIT.
Our certified courses are FREE to those in receipt of an eligible Department of Social Protection (DSP) payment including:
- Jobseekers Benefit
- Jobseekers Allowance
- One Parent Family
- Disability Allowance
- Qualified Adults of Working Age
- Carers Allowance
- Farm Assist/Fish Assist
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's Contributory or Non-contributory Pension
- Blind Pension
- Deserted Wives Allowance
Courses are also FREE for "RETURNERS":
If you are a homemaker, on other caring duties, or economically dependent on a partner/spouse for at least 9 of the last 12 months tuition fees will be waived. Documentary evidence of this will be requested.
- Some courses are exempt from this offer such as any course where current relevent employment is an entry requirement (e.g. Cert in Lean Six Sigma / Nursing CPD courses / Childcare courses etc.).
- Please also note that this fee concession scheme only applies to DkIT tuition fees. Third party fees are not included.
- The are a limited number of concession places on relevent courses.
- This fees concession offer does not apply to short uncertified courses such as CAD, BIM, ESOL, Welding etc.
Fee Refunds Policy (Short courses only)
- A full refund is available if you withdraw your application PRIOR to the start of a course.
- For a class to commence it is necessary for the Institute to enrol a minimum number of students. If this number is not reached the Institute reserves the right to cancel or discontinue the course. Students will be notified and a full fee refund will be processed automatically. If you pay by debit or credit card we will refund you within 1 week. If you pay by cheque or cash refunds can take up to 3-4 weeks to process.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE PAYABLE AFTER A COURSE STARTS.