In this section you will find out all the information you need to know about fees, fee policies and concessions for part-time study at DkIT.
Fee Concessions Available
A tuition fee concession of 20% is available for some of our courses to applicants who present evidence that they are in receipt of a social welfare payment or applicants aged 60 years or older at the time of application. Courses eligible for the fees discount are as follows:
|BUSINESS, HUMANITIES & LANGUAGES|
|Digital Marketing, Social Media and SEO|
|French for Beginners|
|Spanish for Beginners|
|English for Speakers of Other Languages|
|Computer Aided Design|
|3D Computer Aided Design using Solidworks|
|Building Information Modelling|
- All other courses are NOT eligible for a discount.
- Please also note that this fee concession scheme only applies to DkIT tuiton fees. Third party fees are not included.
- Full-time 3rd level students may also be granted a 20% fee discount on the above courses.
- You can download a Social Welfare Benefit Fee Concessions Form by clicking here.
- Applicants aged 60 years or over need to produce evidence of age (Driving Licence, Passport, Birth Certificate) to claim concession.
Fee Refunds Policy
In this section you will find information on our refunds policy for part-time courses.
For a class to commence it is necessary for the Institute to enrol a minimum number of students. If this number is not reached the Institute reserves the right to cancel or discontinue the course. Students will be notified and a full fee refund will be processed automatically. If you pay by debit or credit card we will refund you within 1 week. If you pay by cheque or cash refunds can take up to 3-4 weeks to process.
When the Institute runs a part-time course a refund of fees will only be given under the following circumstances:
- A refund will be given if a student attends for only the first week of a five week course.
- A refund will be given if a student attends for only the first two weeks of a six to ten week course.
- A refund will be given if a student attends for only the first three weeks of a course lasting more than eleven weeks.
In all these cases a 20% administration charge will apply. All refund requests must be applied for in writing to the Lifelong Learning Centre.
After these time periods no refunds are available under any circumstances.
All refund requests must be applied for in writing to the Lifelong Learning Centre within the time periods referred to above.
If leaving a course adequate notification should be given to the Lifelong Learning Centre.