Applications now open for DkIT's Certificate in Audio-Visual Production for Online Platforms16 November 2021
It will give students extensive audio-visual training for online platforms, such as TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. Students will learn about camera operation, video editing, audio mixing, podcasting, vlogging, live streaming, presenting, motion graphics, creative storytelling, ethics, and media law. The course has been designed in conjunction with industry.
"DkIT has identified an area of our ever-evolving industry that is currently lacking in specialized and accredited training"
Windmill Lane Pictures Limited
"I am delighted to see DKIT address the needs of the online content section of the industry. Whilst a lot of online content is produced, this course will provide the learners with the skills needed to produce content at a professional level that will ultimately provide employment in this very busy sector,"
Fran Keaveney, Screen Skills Ireland Executive.
"The employment opportunities in this field are remarkable and every SME and big business now needs and wants the ability to create high quality audio-visual content for their platforms. DkIT will produce highly skilled graduates for this sector,"
Director, John Moore
The Certificate in Audio-Visual Production for Online Platforms is aimed at upskilling those already involved in the A/V sector and providing a solid skills foundation to those who intend to seek employment in various online positions. This part-time Level 6 course will be relevant to school leavers, recent graduates and those who wish to reskill. It will be delivered primarily online so it suits those who are currently in employment or geographically removed from the North-East of Ireland.
Semester 1 Modules:
- Introduction to Sound and Vision — To develop basic camera operation and video editing skills.
- Storytelling, Creativity and Interactive Narrative — The creative writing process and its application within the context of online storytelling.
- Content Creation for Social Media — The knowledge and skills to legally and ethically create content for various social media platforms.
Semester 2 Modules:
- Digital Audio and Recording Techniques — To develop practice based skills with Digital Audio Workstations and Podcast creation.
- Vlogging and Live Streaming — The technical knowledge and skills to research, produce and present A/V content for live events.
- Compositing and Visual Effect — To develop composting and visual effects techniques for transmedia projects.
The entry requirements for the programme follow the standard entry requirements for admission to Level 6 courses at DkIT:
- Five passes at Leaving Certificate on ordinary level papers at Grade D or above (including English and Mathematics) or 4 passes at Leaving Certificate (of which at least two are on higher level papers) at Grade D or above (including English and Mathematics) will be required for entry onto this programme.
Applicants who do not meet the academic entry requirements but who have significant relevant experience in the technology or media sectors can apply under the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy that allows for the recognition of both formal and informal learning, non-accredited personal and professional education and work-based learning.