Technology transfer through licensing, spin-out or start-up company creation plays an increasingly important role in knowledge exchange between industry and DkIT. It is especially important in maximising the impact of funded research to both society and the global economy.
We have a reputation as one of the leading Institutes of Technology in Ireland in terms of research performance and we work closely with our research staff to identify, protect and commercialise DKIT research, promote best practices in technology transfer and deliver successful entrepreneurial training seminars for staff and students.
- Facilitating Institute-industry research interactions
- Negotiating and drafting agreements
- Enabling knowledge transfer to industry and society
- Commercialising DkIT Intellectual Property
- Licensing Technologies
- Facilitating new campus company formation and development
- Incubator spaces for start-up businesses
- Mentoring services for start-up businesses