The Interlibrary Loans (ILL) service provides access to material that you need for your course/research but is not available in the Library's print or online collection. The Library may already own or subscribe to material that would suit your needs. Please search MultiSearch, our online Library search engine, before making an ILL request.
Below are the options available to you if the material you are looking for is not in the Library.
- Borrow material from another library by making an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request. When requesting books, items that are available in other Institutes of Technology (IOTs) are preferred.
- Request a Letter of Introduction or MusicPAL card to allow you to visit another library.
For more information contact email@example.com, phone 042 9370310, or visit the Library Information Desk.
How much does it cost?
The Library pays for every ILL it receives but we will cover the cost * if you are a:
- Registered student of DkIT
- DkIT staff member or DkIT research student requesting material directly related to your work/research. If you would like an item for personal use we can supply it at cost price.
- There is no requirement to attend an ILL tutorial but we do recommend you attend a Library tutorial on how to search our resources or call to the Library Information Desk for a one-to-one session.
Otherwise the following fees apply:
- €20 per book / loan request
- €15 per journal article / chapter request
- Letters of Introduction and MusicPAL cards are free to registered staff and students of DkIT.
* Subject to available funds