Along with printed books, the Library has a range of E-Books.
You can read them online, search within them, download them and print from them. E-Books can be accessed from any device that has an Internet connection, so you don’t need to be in the Library to read them.
Find an E-Book by searching our online catalogue or visiting our various E-Book collections.
For most E-Books, you will need to log in using your name and student number as they appear on your student card. Some E-Books will require you to log on with your institutional username and password, which are the details you use to log in to your DkIT email account. The directions on the screen will tell you which login details to use.
Multi-disciplinary. To access the collection click Sign In and choose Shibboleth login. Select Dundalk Institute of Technology from the list and click Proceed. Enter the username and password you use for your email account.
ProQuest Ebooks Central
Multi-disciplinary. ProQuest Ebooks Central is a short term loan collection. Loans are triggered automatically when a book is used. Loans are for a period of one week, and any title can be borrowed twice. Following the second loan an item is either purchased by the library or removed from the collection. Any notes made and saved to your bookshelf within the database should be exported before the loan period expires. ProQuest Ebooks Central was previously titled ebrary.
Ebsco eBook Collection
Multi-disciplinary. Select the 'eBook Collection' on the EBSCO Host page to view the full collection of E-Books.
Free E-Book Collections
There are many free E-Book collection available online also, for example:
- Google Books: Some titles are available in their entirety, while others offer a preview or snippet view.
- HaithiTrust Digital Library: A partnership of major research institutions and libraries.
- Project Gutenberg: More than 40,000 free E-books from the first E-book website.
- The Online Books Page: Over 1 million E-books from the University of Pennsylvania.
- NCBI Bookshelf: Access to books and documents in life science and healthcare.
- InTech: Free e-books in the fields of science, technology and medicine.
- Directory of Open Access Books: Open-access e-books in a range of subject areas