Along with printed books, the Library has a range of E-Books.
You can read them online, search within them, download them and print from them. E-Books can be accessed from any device that has an Internet connection, so you don’t need to be in the Library to read them.
E-book collections are hosted in a non-DkIT supported environment. You should be aware of this and take the necessary precautions with regard to the security of your personal data.
Find an E-Book by searching our online catalogue or visiting our various E-Book collections.
E-Books require you to log on with your network username and password, which are the details you use to log in to your DkIT email account.
Multi-disciplinary. See the E-Book Catalogue tab for books owned by DkIT Library.
ProQuest Ebooks Central
Multi-disciplinary. ProQuest Ebooks Central is a short term loan collection. Loans are triggered automatically when a book is used. Loans are for a period of one week, and any title can be borrowed twice. Following the second loan an item is either purchased by the library or removed from the collection. Any notes made and saved to your bookshelf within the database should be exported before the loan period expires. ProQuest Ebooks Central was previously titled ebrary.
Ebsco eBook Collection
Multi-disciplinary. Select 'eBook Collection' on the EBSCO Host page to view the full collection of E-Books.
Free E-Book Collections
There are many free E-Book collection available online also, for example:
- Google Books: Some titles are available in their entirety, while others offer a preview or snippet view.
- HathiTrust Digital Library: A partnership of major research institutions and libraries.
- Project Gutenberg: More than 40,000 free E-books from the first E-book website.
- The Online Books Page: Over 1 million E-books from the University of Pennsylvania.
- NCBI Bookshelf: Access to books and documents in life science and healthcare.
- InTech: Free e-books in the fields of science, technology and medicine.
- Directory of Open Access Books: Open-access e-books in a range of subject areas