Certificate in 2D & 3D Digital Animation Production
One great reason to consider this course
- Study from anywhere, this course is delivered 100% online
This online part-time course (1 year) aims to provide students with a strong grounding and transferable skills in Digital Animation Production processes, a solid understanding of the Production Pipeline, and techniques for both 2D and 3D. The online flexible mode of delivery allows you to study at times that suit your schedule, from any location (with internet access).
Important notice about this course
COURSE SUBMITTED FOR SPRINGBOARD 2022/23 FUNDING.
This course will provide participants with the required knowledge, skills, and competency to assist them in gaining employment in the Digital Animation Production industry.
The ever-expanding animation industry in Ireland requires graduates with the necessary technical knowledge and transferable skills to work within the Digital Animation Production sector in Ireland and beyond.
2D Animation Design
3D Modelling and Animation
Pre visualisation and Storyboard for Animation and Visual FX
2D and 3D Art Direction
3D Character Animation
Visual FX and Postproduction
External Industry Project
This course will run online over 2 days between 9am and 5pm (indicative timetable).
Taught using an online learning approach, this course provides a balanced learning experience that is both a structured and flexible learner experience for students which makes it ideal for students in active employment.
Graduates of the course will gain the knowledge, skills, and competencies in the area of universal design and will be equipped to follow career paths such as:
- Animator: Creating high standard animation in 2D and 3D for broadcast, showcasing a variety of animation performance while applying the principles of animation.
- 3D Modeller: Modelling artefacts with correct topology and edge flow. Optimized for UV unwrapping and rigging.
- Texture (Look Dev) Artist: Creating shaders and texture maps for characters, environments, and props. Exhibiting the ability for Photo Real and stylised texture maps as required.
- Rigger: Design, create, test and maintain character set ups. Provide technical feedback to modelling department.
- VFX Designer and Animator: Designing solutions for the visual effects in animation and film.
- Level Designer: Import 3D assets to design levels for virtual reality or augmented reality interactive environments
- Project Supervisor: Supervise all aspects of 3D Computer Animation along the animation pipeline.
Graduates of this programme could progress to the Higher Diploma in 3D Computer Animation and would be qualified to pursue other NFQ Level 8 programmes in the area of animation, for example, the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Animation which is offered by Colaiste Dhulaigh (https://www.cdcfe.ie/).
FREE to those in receipt of an eligible DSP/Springboard payment. For more see: HEA - Springboard+ (springboardcourses.ie)
A FEE OF €340 APPLIES TO EMPLOYED / SELF-EMPLOYED STUDENTS.
The entry requirements are as follows:
- Six Grades at O6 or H7 in Leaving Certificate
- Including At least one H5 Grade OR Minimum Points Score of 200
- And Mathematics Grade F2, O6 or H7
- And English Grade O6 or H7
- Or Irish Grade O6 or H7
- Or Equivalent
Applicants who do not meet the academic entry requirements but who have significant relevant experience in the technology or media sectors can apply under the Institute's Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy that allows for the recognition of both formal and informal learning, non-accredited personal and professional education, and work-based learning.
This course will be of interest to anyone wishing to upskill in the area of Digital Animation Production.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional, Springboard|
|Fees||FREE to those in receipt of an eligible DSP/Springboard payment | A FEE OF €340 APPLIES TO EMPLOYED / SELF-EMPLOYED STUDENTS|
|Starting Date||Week commencing Monday 12th September 2022. Details TBA|
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Visual and Human-Centred Computing|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Please ensure to upload any required documentation (i.e. scanned copies of existing educational qualifications and your CV) when you apply.
If you have any questions about applying for this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org