Certificate in Data Analytics
The Certificate in Data Analytics is a 1-year part-time conversion programme in Applied Data Analytics which was devised in response to the highlighted need for data savvy graduates. It will provide learners with skills in the areas of statistics, programming and databases that will enable them to transfer much of the domain specific knowledge/skill already gain in their primary degree(s) to the IT and Data Analytics sector.
Important notice about this course
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th September OR until all places are taken whichever comes first.
Fees reduced from €950 to €185 - spaces limited.
Data Analytics is a contributor to key technologies in many areas of Business, Engineering and Computing. This programme is a first step into the area of Data Analytics, providing upskilling and reskilling opportunities. This 1-year part-time programme, consists of a technical subset of the modules being offered in year 1 of the Higher Diploma in Data Analytics. It aims to provide participants with a strong foundation in statistical techniques, spreadsheet technologies and statistical programming using R.
- Statistics using R - (Semester 1 of 2) https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/57159
- Spreadsheet Data Analytics - https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/56802
- Applied Database Systems - (https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/56805)
- Statistics using R - (Semester 2 of 2)
This course is delivered using a blended learning approach with weekly interactive and hands-on practical lab-based sessions supported by independent and online learning.
This course will run over 2 semesters, with online synchronous classes delivered on two evenings per week, typically Monday and Wednesday between 6pm and 9pm, potentially with some asynchronous content (videos/practical tasks) to be completed within the same week, but at a time of the students choosing.
Weekly classes will be interactive, with hands-on practical lab-based sessions supported by independent and online learning. Participants are required to attend online synchronous classes as this will be necessary in order for them to master the materials.
Any end-of-semester final exams will take place onsite in DkIT, and participants will be required to attend.
The course provides a starting point for a career in areas such as:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Progression routes open to graduates of the Certificate in Data Analytics, may include conversion to the Higher Diploma in Data Analytics or progression to the PGDip / Masters in Science in Data Analytics (subject to meeting additional entry requirements).
The course fee is €185. The fee is payable as follows:
- Payment 1: Accept Offer Fee = €100 (Non-refundable)
- Payment 2 of €85 is payable by 31st October
ANY Honours (Level 8) Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics OR
Level 7 Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics AND at least 2 years of work experience together with strong numeracy skills.
No prior programming exposure is required.
This course is aimed at:
- Candidates with strong numeracy skills and a basic knowledge of statistics who wish to become more data savvy. No prior programming exposure is required.
- Graduates with strong numerate skills who wish to pursue a career in the expanding area of Data Analytics.
- Professionals who wish to develop their Data Analytics skills to apply them to real problems in their current work domains.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional|
|Starting Date||Monday 18th September at 6.00pm|
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|