Certificate in Science in Professional Nursing
One great reason to consider this course
- Flexible part time delivery, with on-line and face to face delivery
The aim of the Certificate in Science in professional nursing blended learning programme is to provide an accessible, innovative, flexible and practice-orientated sustainable programme to nurses.
Important notice about this course
The next intake onto this programme is September 2024, applications will open late spring 2024
On completion of the Certificate in Science in Professional Practice, the graduate will be able to:
- Generate an advanced level of theoretical knowledge and attributes for delivering evidence based expanded professional practice.
- Develop autonomy, leadership and negotiation skills in order to advance clinical, risk and ethical decisions at advanced professional practice level.
- Critically evaluate knowledge and nursing science that will actively contribute to the professional body of knowledge.
- Critically utilise e-technology and e-health platforms to inform all aspects of personal and professional development.
- Stage 1 - Semester 1: The Fundamentals of Professional Practice (10 ECTS)
- Stage 1 - Semester 1: Leadership and Clinical Decision Making for Advanced Practice (10 ECTS)
- stage 1 - Semester 2 Advanced practice in Person Centred Integrated Care (10 ECTS)
This programme will be delivered predominantly online with live online lectures on Thursdays from 09.00hrs to 13.300hrs.
Students will be also given directed study, which students can undertake at a time suitable to them.
Students are required to attend the DkIT campus, from 09.00hrs to 12.00hrs for 3 days in each semester
Please note this timetable is subject to change
Those graduating from the Certificate in Professional Nursing will have opportunities to advance a career in clinical or management posts.
Students may progress to the PG Diploma in Professional Nursing (60 ECTS)
and the MSc in Science in Professional Nursing (90 ECTS)
Total course fee: €3,600
Instalment 1 = €1800 is payable by 31st October.
Instalment 2 = €1800 is payable by 28th February.
To be eligible for this programme applicants must:
- Be a registered Nurse with NMBI
- Be currently employed in health care provision
- Hold a level 8 qualification
*Applicants who do not have a level 8 qualification may apply for entry to the programme in accordance with the procedures outlined in the DkIT Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy. Applicants may be interviewed
Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course.
Basic IT skills are essential to complete this programme.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional, Postgraduate|
|Starting Date||Thursday 14th September 2023|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|