Certificate in Science in Professional Nursing
One great reason to consider this course
- Flexible part time delivery, with on-line and face to face delivery
The aim of the Certificate in Science in professional nursing blended learning programme is to provide an accessible, innovative, flexible and practice-orientated sustainable programme to nurses.
On completion of the Certificate in Science in Professional Practice, the graduate will be able to:
- Generate an advanced level of theoretical knowledge and attributes for delivering evidence based expanded professional practice.
- Develop autonomy, leadership and negotiation skills in order to advance clinical, risk and ethical decisions at advanced professional practice level.
- Critically evaluate knowledge and nursing science that will actively contribute to the professional body of knowledge.
- Critically utilise e-technology and e-health platforms to inform all aspects of personal and professional development.
- Stage 1 Semester 1: Leadership and Decision Making for Advanced Practice (10 ECTS) https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/69202
- Stage 1 Semester 2; Advanced Practice in Person-centered, Integrated Care (10 ECTS) https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/69203
- Stage 2 semester 1: Quality and Innovation (10 ECTS) https://courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/69218
This programme will be delivered predominately online with live online lectures on Thursdays from 9am to 4.30pm.
In addition, students will be required to attend for face-to-face classes on the DkIT campus, on one full day per month (possibly Thursdays, 9am to 4.30pm).
Those graduating from the Certificate in professional nursing will have opportunities to advance a career in clinical or management posts.
Students may progress to the PG diploma in Professional Nursing (60 ECTS) and the MSc in Science in Professional Nursing (90 ECTS)
To be eligible for this programme applicants must:
- Be a registered Nurse with NMBI
- Be currently employed in health care provision
- Hold a level 8 qualification
*Applicants who do not have a level 8 qualification may apply for entry to the programme in accordance with the procedures outlined in the DkIT Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy. Applicants may be interviewed
Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course.
Basic IT skills are essential to complete this programme.
|Course Type||Flexible & Professional, Postgraduate|
|Starting Date||27th September 2022|
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Nursing, Midwifery and Early Years|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
How to Apply
Open for online applications in Autumn 2022
You should apply using the DkIT Postgraduate Application form below. Applicants should include an up-to-date CV and a copy of professional body registration.
Please submit the following documents with your application and email them to email@example.com.
Completed Application Form
An up-to-date CV
Copy of Professional Body Registration