Certificate in Renewable Energy
This 1-year part-time course will address the fundamental principles of renewable energy technologies and will bring learners through the basic mathematical, scientific and engineering principles. This course is also available in online mode.
Important notice about this course
COURSE NOW BOOKED OUT.
USE APPLY NOW BUTTON TO ACCESS WAITLIST.
This course is also available in online mode. Here students must attend the first lecture and all prescribed site visits during the course. Other lectures will be recorded and made available online. This course is now eligible for Engineers Ireland Continuing Professional Development credits worth 15 days.
For further information click below:
This 1-year part-time online course will address the fundamental principles of renewable energy technologies and will bring learners through the basic mathematical, scientific and engineering principles.
The course will address the fundamental principles of renewable energy technology and will bring learners through basic mathematics, science and engineering principles as they relate to renewable energy. Participants will be encouraged to apply knowledge gained to their own environment or situations. This course is also available in online mode. It is also now eligible for Engineers Ireland Continuing Professional Development.
Students will study the following topics:
- Introduction to Energy, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Solar Hot Water Systems, Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems and Heat Pumps
- Biofuels - Wood energy, Biodiesel and Bioethanol
- Wind Energy – Large and Small Scale Wind Power Systems
- Water energy – hydropower, ocean and tidal energy sources
- Energy project – applying the knowledge to a local or regional situation
One evening per week over 26 weeks (6.00pm–9.00pm) and four Saturdays for laboratory work, site installation visits and a visit to the DkIT wind turbine.
Ireland's energy sector now ranks alongside pharmaceuticals and information technology as one of the key growth sectors of the Irish economy, with growth being driven by organisations themselves as they seek innovative solutions to the challenge of reducing carbon emissions, improving energy efficiency, and security of supply.
Participants on this course can be generally defined as being involved in the application of techniques and procedures to the solution of practical problems in the energy and environmental sector.
Graduates from this course will be able pursue careers in the workplace as:
- energy system designers
- energy system auditors or consultants
- system developers and operators
The entry requirement is an overall pass of the Irish Leaving Certificate or equivalent examination. Recognition of Prior Learning criteria may also be applied to applicants.
Non-standard entry will be decided by a course board of approvers. In the event that there are more qualified candidates than places, admission will be on a competitive basis.
The course is directed at those who are interested in becoming familiar with the subject areas of renewable energy. It will be of particular interest to the following groups:
- Professionals involved in selling and installing renewal energy technologies in businesses and homes
- Construction-related professionals and trades looking to upskill or change careers have found it a useful addition to their CV
- Environmental scientists eyeing the renewable energy market as a career option are also keen to have the qualification under their belt
|School||School of Engineering|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Wednesday 30th September 2020 @ 6.30pm|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking the button below.