Certificate in Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
Four great reasons to consider this course
- The course is validated by QQI at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- It is very interactive with plenty of active learning, such as group activities, discussion and applying skills to your own projects.
- This is one of the highest regarded Lean Six Sigma courses offered in the North East.
- This course will provide students with the knowledge and confidence to run Green Belt Projects within any role.
Lean Six Sigma has become the fastest growing and most successful approach to continuous improvement across all industries regardless of size, position in the supply chain or service provided. Our Lean Six Sigma courses aim to provide students with a balance of theoretical learning and practical know-how in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN LEAN COURSES IN DKIT and CITC (CAVAN).
Lean Six Sigma has become the most successful approach to continuous improvement across all industries regardless of size, position in the supply chain or service provided. An essential element of Lean Six Sigma roll-out is Green Belt training. This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course will teach students the tools and methodology necessary to successfully lead and contribute to DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) improvement projects within organisations. This Green Belt Lean Six Sigma course will help participants to improve productivity and quality and provide them with the skills necessary to work on projects to transform a business.
- Introduction & Overview
- Change Management
- Define: Project Charter, Project Team Structure, Project Planning, Customer Analysis, Define Gate Review
- Measure: Process Mapping, VSM, Data Collection, Basic Statistics, Measurement System Analysis, Baseline calculation, Measure Gate Review
- Analyse: Basic Root Cause Analysis, Determining Critical Root Causes, Statistical Analysis, Analyse Gate Review
- Improve: Prioritising Solutions, Piloting Solutions, Kaizen, Lean Process Improvements, Improve Gate Review
- Control: Control Measures, Control Plans, Project Closure
DUNDALK CENTRE (DkIT) - 12 weeks, one evening (Wednesdays) per week for 3 hours 6.30pm-9.30pm plus 1 Saturday morning session (10.00am-1.00pm).
CAVAN CENTRE (Cavan Innovation and Technology Centre - CITC) - 12 weeks, one evening (Thursdays) per week for 3 hours 6.30pm-9.30pm plus 1 Saturday morning session (10.00am-1.00pm).
One of the primary objectives of this course is to give you the tools to implement improvements that are sustainable within your organisation. We have participants from every sector attending this course, including hospitality, retail, pharmaceuticals, IT and telecoms to name a few.
Upon completion of this course, successful students may progress to Black Belt programmes.
- Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age) with appropriate work experience. Interviews may apply to all mature students without a qualification.
- Leaving Certificate Grade D3 in five subjects at ordinary level (or equivalent) to include mathematics and a language (English or Irish), or equivalent.
NOTE: Candidates should have at least three year’s experience in a suitable working environment. The course is aimed at all personnel working within the design, manufacturing, transactional, sales or support environment. It is suitable for management and team leaders through to shop floor personnel and employees directly involved in the process.
This certification is in great demand by companies across all sectors in either manufacturing, design, pharmaceutical, healthcare, transactional, sales or service sectors. The course is suitable for project managers, team leaders, consultants, and managers and suitable for all levels within the organisation.
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||DKIT Centre = Wednesday 25th September 2019 @ 6.30pm / CITC (Cavan) Centre = Thursday 26th September 2019|
How to Apply
We are offering the course in two centres, here on campus in DkIT AND in the Cavan Innovation and Technology Centre (CITC). Each course will run subject to enough demand.
You can enrol online for either centre by clicking the relevent button below: