Certificate in Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
Four great reasons to consider this course
- This is one of the highest regarded Lean Six Sigma courses offered in the North East and is sought after by many employers as significant savings will be made as a result of the project.
- It is very interactive and practical with plenty of active learning, such as group activities, discussion and applying skills to your own in-company projects.
- The course is validated at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- This course will provide students with the knowledge and confidence to run Green Belt Projects within any role.
Lean Six Sigma has become the fastest growing and most successful approach to continuous improvement across all industries regardless of size, position in the supply chain or service provided. Our Lean Six Sigma courses aim to provide students with a balance of theoretical learning and practical know-how in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN.
COURSE ON OFFER IN DUNDALK AND CAVAN.
Lean Six Sigma has become the most successful approach to continuous improvement across all industries regardless of size, position in the supply chain or service provided. An essential element of Lean Six Sigma roll-out is Green Belt training. This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course will teach students the tools and methodology necessary to successfully lead and contribute to DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) improvement projects within organisations. This Green Belt Lean Six Sigma course will help participants to improve productivity and quality and provide them with the skills necessary to work on projects to transform a business.
- Introduction & Overview
- Change Management
- Define: Project Charter, Project Team Structure, Project Planning, Customer Analysis, Define Gate Review
- Measure: Process Mapping, VSM, Data Collection, Basic Statistics, Measurement System Analysis, Baseline calculation, Measure Gate Review
- Analyse: Basic Root Cause Analysis, Determining Critical Root Causes, Statistical Analysis, Analyse Gate Review
- Improve: Prioritising Solutions, Piloting Solutions, Kaizen, Lean Process Improvements, Improve Gate Review
- Control: Control Measures, Control Plans, Project Closure
We are offering the course in two centres, here on campus in DkIT AND in the Cavan Inovation and Technology Centre (CITC). Each course will run subject to demand.
DUNDALK CENTRE (DkIT) - 12 weeks, one evening (Tuesdays) per week for 3 hours 6.30pm-9.30pm plus 1 Saturday morning session (10.00am-1.00pm).
CAVAN CENTRE (CITC) - 12 weeks, one evening (Thursdays) per week for 3 hours 6.30pm-9.30pm plus 1 Saturday morning session (10.00am-1.00pm).
One of the primary objectives of this course is to give you the tools to implement improvements that are sustainable within your organisation. We have participants from every sector attending this course, including hospitality, retail, pharmaceuticals, IT and telecoms to name a few.
The skills developed from this course are transferrable across all sectors so this will make the participant more employable as a result.
Upon completion of this course, successful students may progress to Black Belt programmes.
- Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age) with appropriate work experience. Interviews may apply to all mature students without a qualification.
- Leaving Certificate Grade D3 in five subjects at ordinary level (or equivalent) to include mathematics and a language (English or Irish), or equivalent.
NOTE: Candidates should have at least three years' experience in a suitable enviornment. The course is aimed at all personnel working within the design, manufacturing, transactional, sales or support environment. It is suitable for management and team leaders through to shop floor personnel and employees directly involved in the process. As the course involves a project which is work based, management support is required so that the participant can implement the project.
This certification is in great demand by companies across all sectors in either manufacturing, design, pharmaceutical, healthcare, transactional, sales or service sectors. The course is suitable for project managers, team leaders, consultants, and managers and suitable for all levels within the organisation.
Student who may benefit from this course include
- Managers who wish to bring staff with them as they introduce change
- Staff and management who wish to upskill
- Employees who wish to challenge themselves and introduce change in their company ,increasing their visibility in the process
Colin Mernagh (Lecturer, School of Business and Humanities, DkIT)
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||DKIT: Tuesday 22nd September 2020 | CITC (Cavan) Centre: Thursday 24th September 2020|
How to Apply
We are offering the course in two centres, here on campus in DkIT AND in the Cavan Innovation and Technology Centre (CITC). Each course will run subject to enough demand.
You can enrol online for the DkIT course below:
You can enrol online for the CAVAN course below: