Bachelor (Hons) of Business Studies (Part-time)
Three great reasons to consider this course
- One of the most comprehensive accredited business honours courses offered in the North East
- More flexible learning choices for students with a mix of online and classroom-based learning
- Provides a platform for students to embark careers in a multitude of business areas
This 4-year part-time honours course will provide students with a robust understanding of specific business roles played by finance, accounting, marketing, human resource management and information technology. The varied and in-depth nature of this course allows graduates to progress into a variety of fulfilling career pathways.
Important notice about this course
COURSE NOW CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS
The BBS (Hons) is 4 year course, with Exit Awards available as follows:
After 2 years - Higher Certificate in Business Studies (Level 6, 120 credits)
After 3 years - Bachelor of Business (Level 7, 180 credits)
After 4 years - Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Level 8, 240 credits)
The Bachelor of Business is a broad Business and Management programme that explores subjects essential to contemporary business such as finance, accounting, marketing, human resource management and information technology. The purpose of the course is to give participants the business skills that are in demand by companies today.
This programme will be delivered using traditional lectures and workshops as well as blended learning approaches. Assessment methods will comprise a combination of formal exams, course work and case study. Examinations will be held at the end of each semester in January and May.
- Management Studies
- Communication Skills
- Digital Marketing
- Accounting for Business
- Quantitative Techniques
- Business Law
- Creativity for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Employment Law
- Global Sales Strategies
- Organisation Behaviour in an Intercultural Context
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods
- Management Control Systems
- Business Research Project
- Doing Business in New and Emerging Markets
PLEASE NOTE: The BBS (Hons) is a 4 year course, with Exit Awards available as follows:
- After 2 years - Higher Certificate in Business Studies (Level 6, 120 credits)
- After 3 years - Bachelor of Business Studies (Level 7, 180 credits)
- After 4 years - Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) (Level 8, 240 credits)
Classes are held over two evenings per week (Mondays and Wednesdays 6.30-9.30pm) plus four full Saturdays per semester (9.00am-4.00pm)
On completion of this course students will;
- Acquire the necessary skills to understand a range of business functions and the multi-disciplinary nature of business. Using this foundation, students will be more prepared to specialise in an area of their choice.
- Demonstrate a range of skills required of managers.
- Understand the influence of the international context on business and management. This will prepare participants to embark on careers in international business.
- Develop their learning skills to meet the demands of future postgraduate study.
Course fee is €2,800 per year.
Tuition fees for Year 1 student (and new students directly entering Years 2, 3 and 4) of the BBS are payable in 4 instalments as follows:
- Instalment 1: €50 is payable upon application (This is non-refundable if you are made an offer of a place)
- Instalment 2: €100 (non-refundable) is payable to confirm your acceptance of a course place.
- Instalment 3: €1,250 is payable by the end of October 2020.
- Instalment 4: €1,400 is payable by the end of February 2021.
Our returning students to Year 2 and Year 3 pay as follows:
- Instalment 1: €1,400 is payable by the end of October 2020.
- Instalment 2: €1,400 is payable by the end of February 2021.
Applicants should have Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) with pass grades in five subjects including English and Maths, with at least Grade C3 in two higher level papers, and at least a Grade D3 in four others.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum education requirements but are 23 years or older and have relevant work experience may still apply for consideration by the Institute. If you are applying as a mature student be sure to submit your CV and any letters of reference you have from employers.
International students must have English level of IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent).
**PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU WISH TO TRANSFER FROM YEAR 3 OF A LEVEL 7 BUSINESS DEGREE TO YEAR 4 OF THIS BUSINESS DEGREE YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE ACHIEVED AN MINIMUM OVERALL MARK OF 50% IN YOUR LEVEL 7 DEGREE**
The course will be of interest to practicing managers, administrators or those aspiring to a management role in the future, in both the public and private sectors.
|Credits||120 - 240|
|School||School of Business & Humanities|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Fees||€2,800.00 per year|
|Starting Date||Monday 28th September 2020 at 6.30pm|