This website and all other websites within the dkit.ie domain are © 2012 Dundalk Institute of Technology.
Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) web presence is administered by the Computer Services Department and Marketing Department. All areas of this site are copyright of the Institute authorities (unless credited otherwise).
DkIT will endeavour to ensure that all information contained on the DkIT website is accurate at the time of creation and/or modification of the website. However, DkIT cannot and will not be held responsible for the correctness of the information contained within. Under no circumstances shall the Institute be liable for any reliance by you on any information which is made available on the website. All artwork has been developed by the Institute unless otherwise stated, or believed to be freely available for general usage on the internet.
DkIT is not responsible for the content of external websites that this website may link to or reference from time to time. Providing references to and/or links to external websites should not be viewed as an endorsement by DkIT of the content and services provided by those websites. Nor is the Institute responsible for the opinions, content and services contained on external websites that link to or reference the DkIT website.
Terms and Conditions
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic Of Ireland
Dundalk Institute of Technology fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with the Institute. The Institute will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your permission save in cases where the Institute is required by law to do so. (e.g. the investigation of a criminal offence or a breach of the Institutes policies, procedures or guidelines). Any personal information which you volunteer to the Institute will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988, the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003 and GDPR 2018.
Information on internet traffic is collected routinely by the Institute and by its service providers. This technical information is used to ensure the smooth running of the computer network in the Institute and for statistical or administrative purposes. It is not used to gather identifiable personal information on individual website visitors, except in so far as this is permitted by law and may be necessary in order to prevent or detect problems or offences in relation to the operation of the website. Read Our Privacy Statement.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
Types of Cookies — Categories
- Strictly Necessary: Strictly necessary cookies allow core website functionality such as user login and account management. This category of cookies cannot be disabled as they are essential to the functioning of the system. Essential cookies do not require seeking user consent/permission.
- Performance: Performance cookies are used to see how visitors use the website, eg. analytics cookies. Those cookies cannot be used to directly identify a certain visitor.
- Targeting: Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, eg. content partners, banner networks. Those cookies may be used by companies to build a profile of visitor interests or show relevant ads on other websites.
- Functionality: Functionality cookies are used to remember visitor information on the website, eg. language, timezone, enhanced content.
To manage your Cookie consent settings, please click here or click the Cookie Settings link in bottom left corner of this webpage.
Re-use of Public Sector Information
Dundalk Institute of Technology complies with the Regulations on the Re-use of Public Sector Information and we encourage the re-use of the information we produce. All of the information featured on our website is the copyright of Dundalk Institute of Technology unless otherwise indicated. You may re-use the information on this website free of charge in any format.
Re-use includes copying, issuing copies to the public, publishing, broadcasting and translating into other languages. It also covers non-commercial research and study. Information and documents from this website may be re-used subject to the terms of the latest PSI license available at www.thepsi.ie.
Re-use is subject to the following conditions. You must:
- Acknowledge the source and our copyright I cases where you supply the information to others;
- Reproduce the information accurately;
- Not use the information in a misleading way;
- Not use the information for the principal purpose of advertising or promoting a particular product or service;
- Not use the information for or in support of illegal, immoral, fraudulent or dishonest purposes.
Dundalk Institute of Technology is not liable for any loss or liability associated with the re-use of information. While every effort is made to ensure that the information on our website is accurate, the Institute does not certify that the information is up to date or error-free. The Institute does not authorise any user to have exclusive rights to re-use of its information.