This website and all other websites within the dkit.ie domain are © 2012 Dundalk Institute of Technology.
Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) web presence is administered by the Computer Services Department and Marketing Department. All areas of this site are copyright of the Institute authorites (unless credited otherwise).
DkIT will endevour to ensure that all information contained on the DkIT website is accurate at the time of creation and/or modification of the website. However, DkIT cannot and will not be held responsible for the correctness of the information contained within. Under no circumstances shall the Institute be liable for any reliance by you on any information which is made available on the website. All artwork has been developed by the Institute unless otherwise stated, or believed to be freely available for general useage on the internet.
DkIT is not responsible for the content of external websites that this website may link to or reference from time to time. Providing references to and/or links to external websites should not be viewed as an endorsement by DkIT of the content and services provided by those websites. Nor is the Institute responsible for the opinions, content and services contained on external websites that link to or reference the DkIT website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic Of Ireland
Dundalk Institute of Technology fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with the Institute. The Institute will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your permission save in cases where the Institute is required by law to do so. (e.g. the investigation of a criminal offence or a breach of the Institutes policies, procedures or guidelines). Any personal information which you volunteer to the Institute will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988, the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003 and GDPR 2018.
Information on internet traffic is collected routinely by the Institute and by its service providers. This technical information is used to ensure the smooth running of the computer network in the Institute and for statistical or administrative purposes. It is not used to gather identifiable personal information on individual website visitors, except in so far as this is permitted by law and may be necessary in order to prevent or detect problems or offences in relation to the operation of the website.
What are they?
Generally websites use 2 types of cookie - session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary and are eliminated when you close all your browser windows. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive either indefinitely or for a specified period. (Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one you are currently visiting and these can be session cookies or persistent cookies.)
How to disable cookies?
Should you use another internet browser, please check the instruction on your help function on how to disable and delete cookies. However, blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly.
The DkIT website uses ‘Google Analytics’ a web analytics service provided by Google Inc to enable us to analyse how our website is used. Cookies are used to collect anonymous data on user behaviour and standard Internet activity. The information stored in the cookie is transmitted to Google and then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for DkIT. The information gathered is not used to identify individual users. For further information on the privacy of Google Analytics data please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Hotjar is another web analytics tool that the DkIT wesbite uses. The information gathered on hotjar helps us understand what users want and care about by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior. For further information on the data safety, privacy & security of hotjar data please please visit www.help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/sections/115003180467-Privacy-Security-and-Operations.
The DkIT website uses the Facebook pixel which is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising. It helps us track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and ensure you are receiving relevant ads. For more information about Facebook cookies please visit www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
Other third party cookies
Some cookies that have been set on our websites are not related to DkIT. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.