Certificate in Digital Marketing and Digital Media Management
|Course Type|| |
|Course Category|| |
Business Organisation and Business Management
Marketing and Public Relations
|Programme Code|| |
|CAO Codes|| |
|Duration Type|| |
- About this Programme
- Programme Details
- Entry Requirements
- Further Info
This programme allows participants to explore the key concepts, theories and skills needed to develop effectively as an online media specialist. Graduates will emerge from this programme with an optimal skillset to meet industry demand. Their extensive exposure to and practical hands-on use of the leading industry applications/tools, coupled with relevant theoretical underpinnings, will mean that students will be instantly ready to deliver for a business. This is one of the few areas where the rising demand for skilled professionals consistently exceeds supply both in Ireland and abroad.
Unique features of this programme are the high standard of lecturers, the mix between theory and practical teaching, the industry focus and getting the opportunity to work wth small, medium and large companies on 'live projects'. For more information on the fee-paying options, click here to go to the official enrollment page. For more information on the Springboard route, click here to go directly to the enrollment page.
The modules and brief overview of content covered in each one are:-
- Introduction to E-Business [E-Business Models, Infrastructure & Strategies, Mobile Commerce, Cloud Computing, Security & E-Payment Systems, Web Standards, Digital Citizenship]
- Marketing [Introduction to marketing, theory and practice, The Marketing Environment, Buyer behaviour-consumer & organisation buyer behaviour, Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning, Market Research, Market Information Systems, Developing the Marketing Mix]
- Introduction to Graphic Design and Editing [Principles of good design, Image editing tools, Import and export techniques, Optimising images, Special effects]
- Digital Marketing [Strategic Digital Marketing Planning, Social Media Strategies, Online v offline buyer behaviour, Targeting Markets, Internet Marketing, Email and Viral Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Video & Podcasting, Affiliate marketing, Web Analytics & Conversion Rate Optimisation, Traffic Building: SEM, SEO, PPC]
- Integrated Marketing Communications [Marketing Communication (MarComm) Theory, Communication Process; Semiotics; Culture & Meaning; MarComm Planning Process, Elements of the IMC Mix, Media characteristics & Media planning, Communication Policies, Legal Considerations, Evaluating effectiveness]
These are subject to change and are for indicative purposes only. For more information on this course and the modules it has to offer click here!
Applicants must already hold a Level 6 qualifications.
Applicants aged 23 years or over since January 1st and who do not have at least a Level 6 award may be interviewed. The interview assessment criteria will include education record, knowledge of and motivation to take the programme, the relevancy of their work experience, applicants career plan, how the programme will support their career path and their understanding of the challenges and demands of taking a Level 7 programme.
9 months (Academic year: September - May).
Semester 1 starts at in Sept 2016 and runs two evenings per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6.00-9.30pm) plus 2 Saturdays for 12 weeks.
Semester 2 starts Jan 2016 and runs two evenings per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6.00-9.30pm) plus 2 Saturdays (10.00am-4.00pm) for 13 weeks.