DkIT Launch Sanctuary Scholarship08 July 2020
The DkIT Sanctuary Scholarship covers the full tuition fee waiver for a programme on which available places are advertised. A maximum of one scholarship will be awarded per academic year. The Scheme will be reviewed annually. In each year, the Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of CAO points.
The DkIT Sanctuary Scholarship is targeted at first-time higher education applicants who:
- Are an International protection applicant or those granted international protection e.g. an Asylum Seeker, individual who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR), or some other form of temporary status, provided that evidence has been provided.
- Must currently live in local Direct Provision Centres in either Dundalk, Drogheda or Monaghan
- Have applied through the CAO as a Leaving Certificate applicant for a full-time undergraduate programme
- Must take up a place on a programme at DkIT that advertises ‘available places’ in the year of entry at DkIT
- Are not currently eligible for ‘free fees’ for a full-time undergraduate course or for a SUSI fee grant
- Are not currently eligible for mainstream support funding e.g. SUSI maintenance grant or Department of Social Protection and Family Affairs (DEASP) payments (other than a direct provision payment).
- Are not currently served with a Deportation Order
- Are not be in receipt of any other scholarship or grant.
Applicants must meet these strict eligibility criteria and be in a position to verify their circumstances in order to apply. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered for the bursary. Incomplete applications and/or applications without the required supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please note: Students should only apply if they are able to support their living, accommodation and travel costs themselves during their period of study at DkIT.
Closing Date for Applications: 28th August 2020
All applicants will be contacted by email by the end of September with the outcome of their application.