DkIT Enhances Public Health Measures In Line With Government Guidance27 September 2020
Following Friday’s statement by the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Skills, Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) has moved to further enhance public health protection measures on its campus.
For the next three weeks, the Institute will focus on limiting the movement of students and avoiding congregation of large groups on campus.
In the week beginning 28th September, orientation for first years will proceed as planned via blended delivery including some online and on-campus elements. All new students from CAO Rounds A, Zero and One have received a communication advising them of their on-campus induction timetables. Online elements of the induction programme can be found here.
Induction has been streamlined and staggered across two days to ensure a controlled footfall of students on campus. Additional health and safety protocols and procedures have been put in place to ensure that activities can been conducted in manner that is safe for students and staff in line with the commencement of the academic year.
This further reflects our commitment to a quality student experience within all public health guidelines.
Over the next 3 weeks, the following measures will also be enacted by the institute:
- All lectures and tutorial classes will be delivered online
- Only those practical classes that cannot take place online will now take place on campus
- Detailed timetables have been put in place to ensure provision in small groups, on a staggered basis to avoid congregation or large on-site attendances.
- Sessions have been designed and group size reduced to ensure 2m physical distancing (where possible).
- Face coverings will continue to be worn by all on campus..
- Our library will remain open with strict protocols for physical distancing and access. All research activities will continue.
We will continue to review measures we have put in place in light of evolving public health guidelines. See https://www.dkit.ie/back-to-college for further details.
For further information for new students please visit: https://www.dkit.ie/study/current-students/information-for-new-students.html