AmRay are looking for a project estimator to join our team. The position is being created to help streamline the sales and project tracking process. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working on their own initiative in a pressurised environment and will be responsible for pricing of potential projects to ensure quotes are completed in a timely manner. The successful candidate must display a thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings. The ability to pay particular attention to detail is important in this role. The role involves communication with management, suppliers, architects, designers and most importantly the client, therefore strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential. An understanding of the woodwork industry or experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Pricing of potential projects
- Project tracking and cost control, and generating reports of same
- Review and improvement of processes
- Procurement of materials
- Build strong relationships with our suppliers and manage the return of prices in a timely manner
- Dealing with customer and architect queries
- Follow up all enquiries
- All administration associated with the above
- A self-starter
- Excellent computer skills – with an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word.
- Have the ability to review project drawings, technical specifications and bill of quantities
- Proven ability to meet tight project deadlines
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Management, recording & organisation of all quote backup materials on the server
- Strong numerical skills.
- An understanding of Autocad
- Microsoft project or Smartsheet or similar
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Graduate
Interested candidates can email their CV's to: email@example.com