This programme is designed for students who:
- Have just completed their secondary (high school) education in their home country.
- Speak English as a second language.
- Need a programme that prepares them for year 1 in higher education.
- Need an intensive English language programme to improve their language skills to the standard needed for year 1 of their Bachelor programme.
- Need to build the skills needed for study in an English-speaking college, e.g., Study Skills, IT, and Western Culture.
Duration: 1 year (2 semesters)
Start Dates: September – June, or January – August each academic year.
Qualification Received: NFQ Level 6 Certificate (60 Credits)
English Entry Requirement: IELTS 4.5 or Grade C in iGCSE/GCSE English (or equivalent grade in an internationally recognised English exam)
Tuition Fees: €7,545 (including mandatory health insurance and sports facilities fee)
Progression Pathway: Successful completion of this programme will enable students to progress to Year 1 of their selected Bachelor programme, subject to achieving the following grades in Foundation:
- 40% (entry to Year 1, Level 7 Bachelor programme)
- 60% (entry to Year 1 of Level 8 Bachelor programme)
- 65% (entry to Level 8 Higher Diploma programme)
- English Foundation Level 1 (10 ECTS – 12 hours English)
- Introduction to Research & Study Skills (5 ECTS)
- Intercultural Competence (5 ECTS)
- Orientation (5 ECTS)
- Information Technology Skills (5 ECTS)
- English Foundation Level 2 (10 ECTS – 12 hours English)
- Introduction to Communication Skills (5 ECTS)
- Essential Mathematics (5 ECTS)
- Exploring Western Culture (5 ECTS)
- Introduction to Business (5 ECTS)
Download Our International Mini Guide: