For fairness to all Library members, fines are applied to ensure the prompt return of material. You are responsible for all items on your Library Account. Fines are applied as follows:
- 3 week loans: 20 cent per day
- 7 day loans: 30 cent per day
- 4 day loans: 50 cent per day
- Short loans and Kindles: €1 per day
- Interlibrary Loans: €3 per day
- Phone chargers / Headphones / Calculators = 50 cent per hour or part of an hour
- Laptops = €3 per hour or part of an hour
If an item is considerably overdue it will be deemed to be a lost item.
Fines remain on your Library Account until they are paid and will be carried over from one year to the next. If you accumulate fines of €3 you will be prevented from further borrowing, renewing, or accessing our online resources. You may be blocked from registering or graduating if you have significant unpaid fines on your account.
If you lose an item contact us as soon as possible. You will be charged a replacement fee plus a processing fee. This will appear as a fine on your account. We cannot always accept replacement copies for lost items, so please contact us before you order one.