Students going on placement as part of their course may apply for longer loan times for certain items. To apply read the rules and regulations carefully and then complete the online application form below.
To avail of the extended loan items must be issued at the Library Desk and renewed over the phone not online.
Rules and regulations:
- Students may borrow up to 8 books at any one time for a period of 3 weeks.
- Items will automatically renew 7 times.
- An item will not automatically renew if:
- Another user has requested the item.
- The item has already been renewed 7 times.
- On receipt of a recall email/phone call, the recalled item must be returned within 3 working days.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to take note of the due date and to ensure items are returned/renewed on time.
- Where 4 Day and 7 Day Loan items are issued on extended loan and become overdue, fines of 50 cent and 30 cent per day,respectively, will apply.
- This scheme does not apply to Short Loan items (i.e. 1 Day Loan).
- A reader who damages or loses a book belonging to the Library shall be liable to pay the cost of a replacement copy.
- The Librarian may, at their discretion, refuse to lend books in high demand.
- Extended borrowing privileges may be withdrawn if these regulations are not met.