Ceol Oirghialla has established a reputation for ensemble music-making and the department have a number of ensembles which enrich the musical life of both the department and the Institute. The ensembles perform at a range of events both within the Institute and externally.
Students join at least two ensembles and receive credit for this as part of the performance stream on the BA (Hons) Applied Music. The ensembles rehearse weekly. If you are interested in joining any of the ensembles you can get more information from the director or each ensemble:
- Orchestra - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choir - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chamber Choir - email@example.com,
- Traditional Ensemble - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Theatre Group - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guitar Ensemble - email@example.com
- Jazz Ensemble - firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on each ensemble is available below.
The DkIT Orchestra started in 2004 and is currently under the directorship of David Stalling. It provides one of the ensemble performing opportunities for students studying both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in music at DkIT.