Web Page Design (Using WordPress)
Learn to build and manage your own personal or business website with the world's most popular platform in just 8 weeks! This is an excellent Web Design course – designed for beginners – which provides all the skills required to design, build and publish a professional website using WordPress.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN
Are you looking to learn WordPress and start building websites? Learning WordPress does not require a lot of time or need cost a fortune. One of the best parts about WordPress is its ease of use. You do not need a laptop, online accounts or anything else - everything is provided by DkIT. Your tutor has been building websites for 20 years now and holds a degree in IT Management from DkIT.
This 8-week course aims to provide students with all the skills required to design, build and publish a professional website using WordPress.
- Week 1 - The difference between Posts and Pages and when to use which.
- Week 2 - Installing themes and creating child themes. Configuring your website menu, and making sure your site is mobile friendly.
- Week 3 - Installing and managing plugins.
- Week 4 - Working with images and video. Creating galleries and allowing downloads.
- Week 5 - Integrating social media and sharing your content automatically.
- Week 6 - Securing your WordPress Website. Taking Backups.
- Week 7 - Search Engine Optimisation. Get yourself noticed by Google!
- Week 8 - Building an Online Shopping Cart and taking payments via Paypal.
One class of 2 hours per week (Mondays) for 8 weeks.
A basic knowledge of using a computer is required.
This class is for anyone who wants to take control of their own website, or learn how to build sites for other people quickly and efficiently.
|Credits||Certificate of Attendance|
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Monday 30th September 2019 at 7.00pm|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking the button below.