Higher Diploma in Science in Data Analytics
Four great reasons to consider this course
- This course is ideal for numerate graduates looking to enhance their skills and improve their employability in the field of Data Analytics.
- It is delivered by highly qualified lecturers with significant professional experience.
- Underpinned by concrete theories, this course provides real practical statistics and computing skills that can be used to solve business problems across a wide range of industries.
- This course is delivered through a blended combination of online and onsite learning.
This two year part-time course will equip participants with the theoretical and practical skills to enter the world of data analytics. It will provide learners with the required skills in the areas of statistics, programming and databases that will enable them to transfer much of the domain specific knowledge/skill already gain in their primary degree(s) to the IT and Data Analytics sector.
Important notice about this course
AWAITING SPRINGBOARD 2020 FUNDING DECISION.
For more information on Springboard+ please click here.
If you are unemployed and in receipt of a jobseekers payment (including Farm Assist and Qualified Adults of Working Age) you are NOT eligible for two-year ICT Conversion courses.
This course is aimed at candidates with strong numeracy skills and a basic knowledge of statistics who wish to become more data savvy, no prior programming exposure is required. This course is created for those who wish to develop the skills, expertise and knowledge to work as Data Analysts and is aligned with the needs of local data focused companies.
Stage 1 / Semester 1
- Statistics using R - 1
- Spreadsheet Data Analytics
- Research Methods for Data Analytics
Stage 1 / Semester 2
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Data Analytics
- Applied Database Systems
- Statistics using R - 2
Stage 2 / Semester 1
- Advanced Statistics using R - 1
- Real Time Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Project 1
Stage 2 / Semester 2
- Data Visualisation
- Advanced Statistics using R - 2
- Data Analytics Project 2
Two year, part-time evening course runs Monday and Wednesday evenings 18:00–21:00 plus 2 Saturdays per month on-campus (subject to change)
The course provides the necessary preparation for a career in areas such as
- Data Analyst;
- Data Scientist;
- Data Engineer;
- Business Analytics Specialist;
- Data Visualization Developer;
- Analytics Manager
On the successful completion of this Higher Diploma, students who obtain Second Class Honours, or higher, will be eligible to be considered for entry to an MSc in Computing programme (taught or research). Future progression options available within DkIT will include the MSc in Data Analytics.
€550 (Springboard subsidised)
ANY Honours (Level 8) Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics
Level 7 Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics AND at least 2 years of work experience.
Graduates with strong numerate skills who wish to pursue a career in the expanding area of Data Analytics.
Professionals who wish to develop their Data Analytics and Mining skills to apply them to real problems in their current work domains.
Graduates who enjoy Mathematics and problem-solving with a focus on real-world problems.
Graduates who are interested in developing their advanced statistical and computing skillsets to master areas such as statistical inference and machine learning.
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Fees||€550 (Springboard subsidised)|
|Starting Date||21st September 2020 at 6.00pm|