Higher Diploma in Science in Data Analytics
This two year part-time course will equip participants with the theoretical and practical skills to enter the world of data analytics. It will provide learners with the required skills in the areas of statistics, programming and databases that will enable them to transfer much of the domain specific knowledge/skill already gain in their primary degree(s) to the IT and Data Analytics sector.
Important notice about this course
The next intake for this course is September 2019.
This course is deliverved via Springboard+. you can find more informaiton on Springboard by clicking here.
If you are unemployed and in receipt of a jobseekers payment (including Farm Assist and Qualified Adults of Working Age) you are NOT eligible for this two-year ICT Conversion courses.
This course is aimed at candidates with strong numeracy skills and a basic knowledge of statistics who wish to become more data savvy, no prior programming exposure is required. This course is created for those who wish to develop the skills, expertise and knowledge to work as Data Analysts and is aligned with the needs of local data focused companies.
Stage 1 / Semester 1
- Statistics using R - 1
- Spreadsheet Data Analytics
- Research Methods for Data Analytics
Stage 1 / Semester 2
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Data Analytics
- Applied Database Systems
- Statistics using R - 2
Stage 2 / Semester 1
- Advanced Statistics using R - 1
- Real Time Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Project 1
Stage 2 / Semester 2
- Data Visualisation
- Advanced Statistics using R - 2
- Data Analytics Project 2
Year 1 Semester 1 (23rd September - 20th December 2019)
Induction Monday 23rd September 18:00
- Mondays 18:00-21:00, Spreadsheet Data Analytics with Dr Fiona Lawless
- Wednesdays 18:00-21:00, Statistics using R with Dr Siobhan Connolly Kernan
- PLUS every other Saturday 9:00-13:00. (28th Sept, 12th Oct, 26th Oct, 9 Nov, 23rd Nov and 7th Dec 2018) Research Methods for Data Analytics with Dr Rajesh Jaiswal
Year 1 Semester 2 (26th January - 4th May 2020)
- Mondays 18:00-21:00, Applied Database Systems with Stephen Larkin
- Wednesday 18:00-21:00, Statistics using R with Dr Siobhan Connolly Kernan
- Saturday - Ethics and Social Responsibility in Data Analytics with Dr Caroline Sheed (1st class on Saturday 26th Jan, then 9th Feb, 23rd Feb, 9th Mar, 23rd Mar, 6 Apr).
€550 (Springboard subsidised)
ANY Honours (Level 8) Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics
Level 7 Degree with 15 credits of Mathematics and/or Statistics AND at least 2 years of work experience.
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Fees||€550 (Springboard subsidised)|
|Starting Date||23rd September 2019 at 6pm|