Certificate in Cloud Architecture
Three great reasons to consider this course
- If you are a Computing graduate interested in learning more about Cloud-Technologies this short practical course may be of interest to you.
- This one module programme provides an introduction to Cloud Concepts and Cloud Technologies which are becoming crucial as more and more companies move their central IT to the cloud.
- This short course provides participants with specialist knowledge in Cloud technologies and Cloud-based Architectures.
The overall aim of this course is to provide Computing graduates with specialist knowledge in aspects of Cloud Architecture. Participants will be introduced to Cloud concepts, technologies and patterns, design of cloud-first architectures.
Important notice about this course
This programme consists of a single 10-credit module focused on Cloud-based architectures and the operational requirements resulting from the transfer of enterprise applications into the cloud.
This course is comprised of the following modules:
- Cloud Architecture. (10 credits): This is a year-long module covering Cloud concepts (concepts, service models and benefits), technologies and patterns. Students will learn how to design cloud-first architecture, automate provisioning, deployment, scaling and monitoring operations and evaluate the suitability of commercial cloud platforms.
This short course will be delivered day-time (3.00-6.00pm) over two semesters through a combination of formal lectures (1 hour / week) – focused on theory and practical lab-based sessions (2 hours /week) – involving demonstrations, tutorial and practical work. Participants will also be required to work independently.
Participants from this programme will develop skills and knowledge in the area of cloud–first Architecture. Such skills are in demand by small and large data centre operators and also by companies that move their central IT into the cloud, data centre customers.
The course fee is €500. The fee is payable as follows:
- Payment 1: Application Fee = €50 (Refundable if you are not made an offer of a place on the course)
- Payment 2: Accept Offer Fee = €100 (Non-refundable)
- Payment 3 of €350 is payable by 31st October 2019
Candidates must hold a level 7 qualification in Computing with a GPA of 50 (ordinary degree or equivalent as determined under Academic Council approved Recognition of Prior Learning policy).
This course would be of interest to Computing Graduates wishing to gain additional skills in the specialist area of Cloud-first Architectures.
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||w/c 16th September 2019|