BSc (Hons) in Computing in Cloud and Data Centre Operations (Add-On)
Four great reasons to consider this course
- • This course is the most applied Data Centre course currently available in Ireland.
- Students are afforded the opportunity to develop essential skills and are familiarised with core values via strong links with industry.
- The core project allows students to craft their own applied research ideas ahead of entering industry.
- Graduates of this course go on to work in both Cloud and Data centre oriented roles, in local and international companies.
The overall aim of this 1-year Add-on course in Computing in Cloud and Data Centre Operations is to produce networking and systems oriented graduates with a specialisation in Cloud Computing
Graduates of this course will be capable of thriving in a constantly connected, constantly changing technological landscape. It will enhance their skills with Cloud technologies, as well as providing them with the core competencies to approach working in the Data Centre environment. Additionally, they will be given an increased appreciation of the wider social, business, architectural and development context in which they will work. The course will produce perceptive, adaptable graduates, competent to prosper in employment, research or business.
Data Centre Infrastructure
- Research Methods
- Virtual Server Technology
- Data Storage Technologies
- Business Organisation
- Enterprise Governance & Compliance (Year Long)
- Cloud Architecture
- Cloud Networking
- Data Centre Technician
- Systems Administration
- Cloud Support Engineer
- Network Support Engineer
Applicants to this course should have successfully completed the BSc in Computing or and equivalent degree, with a minimum overall average of 50%.
- Students who enjoy networking and administration, and the core challenges of building and running infrastructure.
- Students who are interested in going on to pursue a DevOps or Data Centre driven role.
- Students who are interested in developing their own knowledge further within Cloud technologies.
|Duration||1 Year (add-on)|
|School||School of Informatics & Creative Arts|
|Department||Computing Science and Mathematics|
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr Caroline Sheedy
To apply for this course
Download and complete the Add-On Degree Programme Application Form below and submit to:
Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dundalk, Co. Louth