Certificate in Food Supply Chain Operations
This 1-year part-time course will provide graduates with the opportunity to develop supply chain management skills, which have been identified as a major skills gap in the Food and Beverages Sector in Ireland. Graduates will be able to critically analyse the factors required to structure and manage a supply chain successfully.
The Food and Beverage sector is one of the largest sectors in Ireland from the viewpoint of both production and consumption. Its handling within the supply chain is vital to the Irish economy. Globalization of the food industry requires increased transportation of raw materials and finished goods.
This course will provide graduates with the opportunity to develop supply chain management skills, which have been identified as a major skills gap in the Food and Beverages Sector. Graduates will be able to critically analyse the factors required to stucture and manage a supply chain successfully. They will evaluate the concepts and theories that underpin business and international management and the pivotal role played by internationalisation strategies.
Modules studied include:
- Food Industry: Quality Management
- Stores and Warehousing in the Food Industry
- Transport in the Food Industry
- Operations Management in the Food Industry
- Food Processing and Production Management
- Packaging of Food Products.
- Supply Chain Management: Stores & Warehousing
- Supply Chain Management: Transport
- Quality Management in the Food Industry
- Operations Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Food Packaging and Preservation
Learners will be expected to attend DkIT one evening per week. The remainder of the course will be delivered online.
Mix of online/distance and on-campus. Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course.
This course aims to support industry and career development in Supply Chain Management.
The course appeals to a variety of people working in wide range of industries, such as:
- medical devices
- food and drinks
- distribution and services.
Course participants work in various functions including: procurement, logistics, production, planning, quality, accounts & finance.
The course fee is €1,425 per year. The fee is payable as follows:
- Application Fee = €50.
- If you are made an Offer of a Place on the course you are required to pay a non-refundable Accept Offer fee of €175.
- Instalment 1 of €600 is payable before the course commences in September 2018.
- Instalment 2 of €600 is payable at the start of Semester 2 in January 2019.
Level 6 major award in business, science, engineering or agriculture.
Applicants who do not have a Level 6 award may still apply and may be considered for interview.
International students must have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Equivalent industry recognition may be given through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process on an individual case-by-case basis to candidates who have not yet achieved this academic standard but who can demonstrate significant relevant professional experience.
There is a 60 credit course option available for this course deliverved via Springboard+ over 3 semesters. You can find out more informaiton on this course by visiting the Diploma in Food Supply Chain course page.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||September 2018|