Certificate in Food and Agri-Business
This 1 year part-time course has been designed to up-skill existing science and agriculture graduates with a view to increasing their employability in the Agri-Food sector. The technical skills of these graduates will be enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge in areas such as business, marketing, entrepreneurship, quality management and lean manufacturing.
The aim of this course is to up-skill existing science and agriculture graduates with a view to increasing their employability in the Agri-Food sector. The technical skills of these graduates will be enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge in areas such as business, marketing, entrepreneurship, quality management and lean manufacturing.
This will enable them to contribute to the cost-effective development and marketing of products in this sector.
Modules studied include:
- Food Industry Quality Management
- Value Added Products for the Food Industry
- Marketing for the Agri-Business Sector
- Food Processing and Production Management
- Packaging of Food Products
- Agri-Food Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
There is 60 credit course option available for this course which is delivered via Springboard+ over 3 semesters. You can find more informaiton on this by visiting Diploma in Food & Agri-Business course page.
- Food industry: quality management
- Marketing for the agri business sector.
- Valued Added products for the Food Industry
- Food processing and production management
- Packaging of food products
- Agir Food entrepreneurship and innovation
Learners will be expected to attend DkIT one evening per week. The remainder of the course is delivered online.
The course can lead to management opportunities in the food processing and farm supply industries, financial services, commercial farm advisory services and in the emerging rural development programmes in Ireland and overseas.
The course fee is €1,425 per year. The fee is payable as follows:
- Application Fee = €50.
- Accept Offer Fee = €175 (If you are made an offer of a place on the course you are required to pay this non-refundable fee)
- Instalment 1 of €600 is payable before the course commences in September 2018.
- Instalment 2 of €600 is payable at the start of Semester 2 in January 2019.
Level 6 major award in business, science, engineering or agriculture
Applicants who do not have a Level 6 award may still apply and may be considered for interview.
International students must have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
This course is designed for people working in the food and beverage (F&B) sector who wish to broaden their understanding of concepts associated with supply chain structure, management and control and being able to create, manage and control effective supply chains.
Such skills are essential for any supervisor or manager looking to progress their careers in F&B.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||September 2019|
How to Apply
This course has been cancelled.