Certificate in Environmental Biotechnology
This one-year part-time course aims to up-skill existing science graduates and provide them with knowledge of the use and potential of biotechnology in crop production, soil bioremediation and bioenergy production.
The aim of this course is to up-skill existing science graduates and provide them with knowledge of the use and potential of biotechnology in crop production, soil bioremediation and bioenergy production.
Modules taught are:
- Semester 1 Crop Biotechnology
- Semester 2 Bioremediation & Bioenergy
Learners will be required to attend DkIT one half-day per week in addition to being available for some occasional practical or field classes on other days.
This course shall provide learners with an extended skills set which shall lead to greater employment opportunities in the Environmental Biotechnology sector.
It will be of interest to those already working in this sector who wish to broaden their skills base.
- Minimum of second class honours degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Science, Biotechnology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Applicants who do not meet these requirements but have relevant work experience may be assessed for entry in line with the DkIT RPL Policy and Procedures.
- International students must have a minimum level of English equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
- Candidates may be interviewed.
This course will be of interest to those working in the Agriculture, Environmental and Food Science areas who wish to progress to management level.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||September 2019|
How to Apply
You should apply using the DkIT Postgraduate Application (see download button below)
Please include an up-to-date CV with your complete application form and return to:
Admissions Officer, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Potential students may be interviewed