Certificate in Food Supply Chain Operations
This 1-year part-time course will provide graduates with the opportunity to develop supply chain management skills, which have been identified as a major skills gap in the Food and Beverages Sector in Ireland. Graduates will be able to critically analyse the factors required to structure and manage a supply chain successfully.
Important notice about this course
NOW ENROLLING FOR JANUARY 2021
The Food and Beverage sector is one of the largest sectors in Ireland from the viewpoint of both production and consumption. Its handling within the supply chain is vital to the Irish economy. Globalization of the food industry requires increased transportation of raw materials and finished goods.
This course will provide graduates with the opportunity to develop supply chain management skills, which have been identified as a major skills gap in the Food and Beverages Sector. Graduates will be able to critically analyse the factors required to structure and manage a supply chain successfully.
They will evaluate the concepts and theories that underpin business and international management and the pivotal role played by internationalisation strategies.
Modules studied include:
- Food Industry: Quality Management
- Stores and Warehousing in the Food Industry
- Transport in the Food Industry
- Operations Management in the Food Industry
- Food Processing and Production Management
- Packaging of Food Products
A combination of on-line and face to face classes. Learners will attend college one evening a week (typically Thursdays) from 17.30 to 21.00. The remainder of the programme is delivered on-line.
This course aims to support industry and career development in supply chain management. The course appeals to a variety of people working in wide range of industries, such as:
- Medical devices
- Food and drinks
- Distribution and services
Course participants work in various functions including procurement, logistics, production, planning, quality, accounts & finance.
The course fee is €1,425. The fee is payable as follows:
- Application Fee = €50 (Non-refundable if you are made an offer of a course place)
- Accept Offer Fee = €100 (non-refundable)
- Instalment 1 of €600 is payable by 28th February 2021
- Instalment 2 of €675 is payable by 31st October 2021
- Level 6 major award in business, science, engineering or agriculture. (Applicants who do not have a Level 6 award may still apply and may be considered for interview.)
- [International students must have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent]
- Candidates may be interviewed
Equivalent industry recognition may be given through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process on an individual case-by-case basis to candidates who have not yet achieved this academic standard but who can demonstrate significant relevant professional experience.
Due to the blended learning delivery within this course students should have access to a PC / Mac, a headset with a mic, and a broadband internet connection from home, so as to be able to fully participate in the course. Basic IT skills are essential.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Agriculture, Food and Animal Health|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||Thursday 28th January 2021|
How to Apply
You can enrol online for this course by clicking on the button below. The final closing date for applications is Friday 27th November 2020 or until places are full.
Applicants should also include a copy of their CV and copies of academic transcripts with their application.